Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help    

help

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

help

i am teaching long/short vowel sound to my fourth graders and i am out of ideas. do you know of any games i could make with them? let me know please. 

10 Nov 2010      

foreverjinxed
South Africa

try something with this song - kids love it!

10 Nov 2010     

sakaki
Chile

Have Fun Teaching has these really interesting flashcards and puzzles you can print out and use to teach different long/short vowels  --> http://www.havefunteaching.com/flash-cards/flash-card-games/

I hope it helps!
LOL

10 Nov 2010     

juliag
Japan

Most of my kids really like reading mini books once they have mastered it. It �s easy to make them with DedicatedTeacher �s fantastic template. I have some for the long vowels in my account but not for the short vowels, sorry.

Or you could make dominoes where they have to match the short vowel word with the appropriate long vowel one (e.g. tub and tube), it wouldn �t be difficult to match them but the challenge would be in reading them aloud of course.

Or make word cards for the cards you want to use and play either karuta, where they slap the word you read, or matching pairs (will need two of each word or match short and long vowels as in the idea above)

Hope this helps.
have a wonderful day!

10 Nov 2010     

Lindax
Ukraine

Thank you, dear Jessica!

My adults are so baby-like, they will absolutely love the song!

10 Nov 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

Thanks for the useful links! : )

10 Nov 2010