Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > OURSIDE THE BOX    

OURSIDE THE BOX

Kohaku
Japan

OURSIDE THE BOX

Hello! I am currently searching for new classroom techniques for ages 7-17years old. I realize this is a wide range but since I teach classes for these ages in different groups its not so bad. For example, my 7 years old class is all 7-8 and my 15 year old class is all 15-17 years old.

I am searching for material that is "outside the box" something that will give my students plenty to think about in English and create a teamwork experience.

I am willing to try science experiments, history lessons, just about anything ( except for math! I am horrible in this subject). I am hoping to create a CONVERSATION environment that will interest them and teach them about something new.

Since my school is an afterschool program the students tend to be a little sleepy and I need to entertain them while introducing them to new vocabulary.

If anyone has a reference or book that they suggest please PM me or post to this link. I have been searching on my own but thought it would be a great idea to ask you wonderful teachers.

10 Nov 2010      

verybouncyperson
Spain

Hi Kohaku,

When we did an English summer camp with students aged 8-12, we took ideas from the book Imaginative Projects.  We had a fashion show, invented new planets, made volcanoes with vinegar and bicarbonate of soda.  We had a couple of lessons based around the vocabulary/grammar they would need and then they split into groups to prepare something to show the rest of the class.

Hope that helps :)
T

10 Nov 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Hello Kohaku,

I have been using the resource book Learner-based Teaching by Oxford University Press for a while and it has given me a lot of ideas how to make lessons more interesting. There are suggestions for all skills and all ages. You won �t regret if you buy it.

10 Nov 2010