Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Worksheets with very poor quality    

Worksheets with very poor quality

donapeter
Romania

I don �t agree with you, blunderbuster. 
Lazy or not-so-talented members can ask our wss via PM, it �s our free will to give them or not. 
And, more than that, I think this kind of decision will make them lazier and more not-so-talented. If you take smth for free, why bother to make wss? 

Or maybe I didn �t get your point correctly. 

10 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Trying to make lazy members share won �t make this place a better one. 

10 Nov 2010     

roneydirt
United States

The real question is are they new and need to points to get into the 30 plus section to start to download proper worksheets and then being able to create proper worksheets for themselves?  I have sent students here to work on their materials to be educated by others on proper worksheets and materials for their future students.  If they are not new, definitly don �t download and if they are new share with them in an encouraging voice on how to make their work better.  There used to be a group of individuals that flowed through helping the new people to better with their worksheets, but they seem to be missing.  Maybe they got tired of always being degraded by some that did stay on here.  I miss Adamant.  He has helped many of my students as he was teaching in Japan and there were a few others.  I know I am not the best and even in my previous controversial post was not only speaking to others to do basic proofreading was speaking to myself.  It is why I encourge my students who are studying to be English teachers to come to sites like this.

10 Nov 2010     

Lindax
Ukraine

Dear donapeter and libertybelle. In what concerns Word docs you surely can check it for mistakes in preview.�

But what abt PowerPoints? BTW, ppts are nearly never reported.

You can never be sure abt the sound or effects.

So, even if we have eyes, it doesn`t solve the problem.

10 Nov 2010     

marlene010284
Mexico

Hello my dear colleagues,

It �s amazing to read all your comments about this topic. I agree with you all. On one hand, when one first start it �s difficult to create as beautiful worksheets as the experienced people do, besides sometimes there are problems with the understanding of rules and restrictions. Actually, some of the best creators here were reported at the beginning or got very few points (that happened to me and to some others). But, it helped us to improve and to learn from other members. Nowadays, I think I do better worsheets because I made a great affort to pay back the amazing work I �ve downloaded.

(I �ve spent many hours learning, thinking and creating as well as others have. )

On the other hand, I agree that it �s not fair that many people just copy and paste while others spend many time, effort and even money subscribing to clipart pages.

To sum up, it �s impossible to find just wonderful woksheets here because there is always a starting point for each one, but we have to be careful with "copy and paste" people who wouldn �t deserve to get good worksheets.

We can help people, but there are people who just take advantage of others. I think it �s a good idea to delete accounts if they have been reported for copy and pasting more than two or three times. Though, it would be a good idea to freeze points or account if no improvement is showed. But that �s just an idea.

10 Nov 2010     

donapeter
Romania

@Lindax: it �s not only about the mistakes, it � about how some people think that they can upload an almost empty ws hoping someone is ...so needy (i try to avoid hard words) to download it and he/she gets some easy points. I sometimes feel it as an affront to us. 
I don �t download ppt-s as I don �t use them with my students, so I can �t tell anything about them. 
And we have FREE TEMPLATES and we have TUTORIALS for us to improve our skills. So....what �s the excuse again? Stern Smile

10 Nov 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

why don �t we use the comments section to tell people that their so-called worksheets consisting of "colour the apple red" are not up to standard or worth downloading? 

10 Nov 2010     

mchero
Hungary

In connection with the original remark, what worries me more is that some worksheets are full of mistakes. And I don �t mean typos, but grammatical, linguistic mistakes.
I �ve never seen any comments about this, these worksheets are also evaluated highly (can �t see why...) so I wonder if these teachers really DO teach these things... it would be useful if we could send a comment on the actual content of the worksheets, it might even help the uploader - we shouldn �t spread stupid things. 

11 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2