Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Sweet down life???    

Sweet down life???

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Sweet down life???

Hi,

my colleague asked me yesterday about the meaning of "sweet down life" but I have never heard that. I assumed it could be about not rich people having a good life but I am not really sure. Anyone knows the meaning?

Thanks for your answers, Michaela

11 Nov 2010      

almaz
United Kingdom

Your colleague may have meant down time (or, better, downtime), Michaela. It �s a term taken from IT management and refers to system unavailability and, by extension, a time for yourself, a break from the pressures of work. Sometimes, the longer it lasts, the �sweeter � it is.

11 Nov 2010     

dennismychina
China

Hi, I�ve never heard of that expression. If you knew in what context it was used, you could possibly take an educated guess.

Enjoy.

11 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

I �ve never heard of such an expression and I didn �t find it in any of my dictionaries, either, so maybe Almaz �s guess is correct  (see OALD).
Perhaps knowing the context in which the phrase was used would help you, as Dennismychina has correctly pointed out.

11 Nov 2010