Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Yesterday īs thread...    

Yesterday īs thread...

foreverjinxed
South Africa

Yesterday īs thread...

This is related to yesterday īs thread: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=24144 
The same thing happened to me, and I īd love to know how and why?
I uploaded my PPT on 11/11/2010, several hours before Spanish midnight. I took this screenshot (and blanked out the PPT image because my intention is not to advertise) 14 minutes before Spanish midnight, yet, as you can see, it already has a download, BEFORE it hit the īrecent contributions � list. How and why, please tell me!?

12 Nov 2010      

AnnyJ
Taiwan

hi, maybe somebody dowloaded a nice worksheet from you yesterday and then decided to check out all the other worksheets you have and they downloaded the new one that shows in your account, as soon as you post a worksheet it is in your account and if somebody wants to download it before it hits the new constibutions, they can do so. 
hope the mistery is solved........

12 Nov 2010     

Zora
Canada

*sighs*

I īll tell you why you have a point or two before midnight Spanish time... it īs probably because somebody, like me who is in a hurry all the time lately, uses the search box for a specific topic. When they (or I) get the results, we check out the new uploads option first, instead of going for the most downloaded ones...

I don īt usually have time to go through the new worksheets, so I tend to "use/spend" my points on newer uploads if they suit my needs... and I am guessing that others do the same as I do and that īs why you have points before it īs added to the daily contributions.

12 Nov 2010     

foreverjinxed
South Africa

Silly me, I never considered that people are able to download something BEFORE it hits īnew contributions � I somehow thought of it as īunavailable � until hitting īnew contributions. �
It was a mystery to me, thanks for shedding light!

12 Nov 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Thanks, Linda. A much more credible and honest explanation for this phenomenon - for me, at any rate - of members seemingly being unable to wait for the next day īs new contributions page to appear. 

12 Nov 2010