Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > powerpoints templates    

powerpoints templates

veroal
Argentina

powerpoints templates

hi! I need help in order not to violate anybody�s right.
I have downloaded from different websites some powerpoint games templates... and made my own version of the games for the different topics I am teaching.
What I want to know if I am allowed to upload here my ppt games with those templates.
Thank you all

12 Nov 2010      

foreverjinxed
South Africa

Interesting question...
The rules say:
You are allowed to use templates from the "templates page" to make your own contributions, but it is not allowed to use other members � worksheet as templates.

but it says nothing about using PPTs found elsewhere online as templates. I have seen countless �Jeopardy � games here that have mostly come from templates found online...so I wonder...

12 Nov 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

The ppts  that I create and upload are made so that they can be edited and changed as the dnloader sees fit. I don �t mind anyone using my work as a template as long as they don �t upload the same excersises that I have uploaded. That wouldn �t make sense. Ed

12 Nov 2010     

Isabel L
Spain

You should read the site �s terms of use. In some cases you are allowed to use the templates for non-profit use, but it depends on each site �s policy.

12 Nov 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

some school sites offer games that you can use and upload them here. i have seen the who wants to be a millionaire ppt used here, but it has always been a mystery to me why havent they been removed because that specific template is copyrighted.   if it is copyrighted you cant use them. and of course if the content (the exercises, questions, ect..) is not your own creation then you cant use them.

12 Nov 2010     

Lindax
Ukraine

A lot of sites offer skeleton templates to help you create your own games. They are free for non-profits and you are allowed to modify them to fit your needs.

For instance, Mark E. Damon`s `Who wants to be a millionaire` falls into this category.

So, granted you make your own exercises, you can use these templates.

However it`s considered necessary and a matter of common courtesy to provide a link to the template`s creator.� �

12 Nov 2010