Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > office 2007    

office 2007

KELEN PRISCILA
Brazil

office 2007

HELLO GUYS....

I�M HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH OFFICE 2007, I INSTALL IT RECENTLY AND I DON�T KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT SO I PREPARE TWO PRINTABLES AND ONE POWERPOINT FOR THANKSGIVING BUT I TRIED TO UPLOAD HERE AND A MESSAGE APPEARED TO ME THAT I HAVE TO SAVE PPT TO PPT AND DOC.DOC.DOC! I THOUGHT IT WAS RIGHT BUT I DON�T KNOW THAT. COULD ANYBODY HELP ME?

13 Nov 2010      

Joeyb1
South Africa

Dear Kelen

When you save your document in Word 2007, save it as "Word 97-2003 document".  Also save the ppt as a "Powerpoint 97-2003 Presentation".   Your problems should be solved then.

Hope it helps.
Joey

Edit:  Kodora.... at least we gave the same advice Wink

13 Nov 2010     

kodora
Greece

When you save your document click the option word document 97-2003.
I don �t know about powerpoint but I suppose it �s something similar
Dora

Edit: Joeyb1 we sent it at the same time!

13 Nov 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

yes, with powerpoint presentations you have to do exactly the same!!

13 Nov 2010     

MoodyMoody
United States

With Office 2007, they changed the file extension from .doc to .docx and from .ppt to .pptx. This site is set up to take the original files extensions, but not the newer versions. So the advice to save to 97-2003 Compatible is correct. There may be some modest changes, and your file size in Compatible mode will be much larger. I had to split a Power Point presentation that was small enough in .pptx mode. I would guess that sometime in the near future, Victor will update to allow .docx and .pptx uploads, since Office 2010 is out.

13 Nov 2010     

KELEN PRISCILA
Brazil

TNX GUYS....I�M REALLY GLAD.

13 Nov 2010