Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > DOUBT    

DOUBT

mayrasiu
Mexico

DOUBT

QUESTION FOR VICTOR & MODERATORS:

My Ss and I created a PHRASAL VERBS PICTIONARY POWER POINT PRESENTATION that I would like to share because it is very complete since it has the phrasal, a sample sentence, and a picture to help understand the meaning of the phrasal; it �s a collection of about 130 phrasals ordered alphabetically.
The phrasals definitions and examples were taken from a book I can cite, but since many Ss participated I don �t know the exact sources where they took the images from. I know they were using yahoo & google images search, as well as Word clipart.
As I said, I can give the information of the book we used as guide but I can �t tell where exactly the images come from so I �m doubtful if I can upload this material?

14 Nov 2010      

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

let me see if i can help.  is there any work from you in the ws... and i mean aside from maybe the layout?  according to the rules we can not use english books and if the phrases, definitions, and examples are not your work, neither the cliparts i dont think you can upload it here. moreover when you dont know if the pictures are copyrighted. the rules also say that the work must be original.

compare your ws according to this rules:

Your contributions must be your own creations. You can use free images from cliparts or other free sources. You can also use images that you have subscribed to and paid for.

Worksheets consisting just of lists (such as "Phrasal verbs list" or "Irregular verbs list") are allowed, although they are not recommended because everybody can find them in other websites for free. Of course, they are not allowed if you have copied them from another source.

You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don�t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair.

15 Nov 2010     

mayrasiu
Mexico

Hi lizsantiago, thank you very much for your reply. Just to clarify, I make up the information I use in my worksheets and make sure the images I use come from websites which allow us to use them. I read the rules and regulations and understand if we create exercises (as you mentioned in the last paragraph) we could upload the material. My question was because we ADAPTED or GAVE NEW FORMAT to something that comes from a book, that �s why I wasn �t sure if this was possible, and because I do not want to break any rule.
Thanks again for your reply, and I �m glad I asked :). I won �t upload the material.

15 Nov 2010     

mayrasiu
Mexico

Ohh, one more thing. I JUST REALIZED I DIDN �T WRITE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE MESSAGE WHERE I POSTED MY QUESTION, IT �S A PPP!!!It is not a worksheet. I think I didn �t write PPP assuming than since the FORUM has specific categories, it will show it. SORRY ABOUT NOT MENTIONING THIS IN THE TEXT, it �s the first time I ask about a PPP.

15 Nov 2010     

lshorton99
China

Hi

It seems to me that you have stated �The phrasals definitions and examples were taken from a book I can cite � - this sentence tells me that you cannot upload the contribution. The pictures are not the main problem. The same rules apply to PowerPoints as to worksheets - if your information is taken from an ESL source, such as a book giving definitions of phrasal verbs, it would be removed from this site.

I �d also draw your attention to the fact that contributions have to be 100% your own work. A project done with students is a fantastic idea as they will remember the language better because they contributed, so well done. However, it does mean that the PowerPoint is not entirely your own work, which is a second potential problem.

Finally, if your students found the pictures for you, it �s quite likely that many of them will be subject to copyright. If you go through the presentation, I suspect you �ll find more than  one has a watermark, meaning we don �t accept it here.

Again, congratulations on doing such a wonderful project with your students and sorry that you won �t be able to share it here.

Lindsey

15 Nov 2010     

mayrasiu
Mexico

Hi Lindsey, thanks to you too for your reply! As I said it in my post, I was very doubtful about the material and that �s why I wanted to ask :)

15 Nov 2010