Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Is it right? text 2    

Is it right? text 2

mary-butterfly
Brazil

Is it right? text 2

Can you take a look if my translation is right?
I need it to prepare some test to my school
thanks in advance.

i will give the right translation in portuguese too.

Spine smart generates energy  when the cars pass

The electricity created will be used to light poles, traffic lights and even its spine during the night
,, Instead of speed bumps made of asphalt and concrete, what do you think of a bump of plastic that uses the weight of cars to generate electricity? The system was the idea of English designer Peter Hughes, who intends to use the extra energy to light up light poles, traffic lights and even her spine, which would be lit up at night so that no one leave behind when the exhaust passes through it.

Lombada inteligente gera energia enquanto carros passam

A eletricidade criada ser� usada para acender postes, sem�foros e at� a pr�pria lombada durante a noite. Em vez de lombadas feitas de asfalto e concreto, que tal uma lombada de pl�stico que usa o peso dos carros para gerar eletricidade? O sistema foi ideia do designer ingl�s Peter Hughes, que pretende usar a energia extra para acender postes de luz, sem�foros e at� a pr�pria lombada, que ficaria iluminada durante a noite, para que ningu�m mais deixe o escapamento para tr�s quando passar

15 Nov 2010      

dawnmain
United Kingdom

lamp posts not light poles

spine? do you mean the white lines in the centre of the road? spine is the middle of you back or a book.

this part is not correct: no one leave behind when the exhaust passes through it.
not sure what you mean though. could it be:

no-one leaves their exhaust pipe behind when they go over it.

15 Nov 2010     

agoha
France

"used to light poles" I think "to power" would be more aproriate than "to light".

15 Nov 2010