Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day (WOD) for Wednesday (?)    

Word of the Day (WOD) for Wednesday (?)

douglas
United States

Word of the Day (WOD) for Wednesday (?)

Hi Everybody!

Gabitza has chosen to honor me with the right to select the next word of the day (WOD).  There are�so many w�nderful words out there and so many creative people on here that it makes it fun and difficult at the same time.  I hope my WOD will stimulate your creativity and add some fun and contemplation to your day. 

(Yesterday �s word was "zenzizenzizenzic" - the eighth power of a number)

Without further ado, here �s the new word:

hoghenhine

"You know the rules of the competition. Don�t look it up, don�t google it, and if you know what it means, either keep your knowledge to yourself or join in the creative, crazy definition game forgetting the real meaning of the word."

At about this time tomorrow, I will be selecting the new winner.

Douglas

16 Nov 2010      

miss K.
Ukraine

There can be two meanings to this word. It can be a name for an estate (property) or a name of a farm for breeding hogs and hens (each within its own kind of course).

16 Nov 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

In an effort to produce a kosher pig, Dr Finkleheimer has spliced the DNA of both a hog and a hen which produced a large bird with an extremely big  butt (hiney). This biologically altered animal is called HOGHENHINE or hoghenhiney.

16 Nov 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Ed!

16 Nov 2010     

Greek Professor
Greece

Yep...have to agree with Ed!Thumbs Up

16 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Ed,