Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Vocabulary question: Would you use "reduced" in this context?    

Vocabulary question: Would you use "reduced" in this context?

magneto
Greece

Vocabulary question: Would you use "reduced" in this context?

Hello, dear colleagues!

I need a bit of help. Would you say this sentence is correct? Would you use reduced in this context?:

Children�s spatial awareness is relatively reduced compared to that of adults.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Have a nice day/ evening, etc.Smile

18 Nov 2010      

kodora
Greece

I don �t think it �s correct  because reduce means to have a certain amount of something at first and then make it smaller or less in size, amount etc.I Maybe relatively less developed/or not fully developed would be better.
Dora

18 Nov 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Doesn �t sound correct. Limited would be better.

18 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Thank you both for your suggestions! It didn �t sound correct to me either, but I was a bit stuck for ideas...Embarrassed

Cheers!

18 Nov 2010     

douglas
United States

You can say " a reduced awareness of..." so I think the sentence is correct, but it sounds awkward.  Both of the above suggestions would work too.

18 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Thank you all for your replies! I think I �ll probably use Phillip �s suggestion.

Bye for now!Smile

18 Nov 2010