Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Christmas is coming!    

Christmas is coming!

fletsch
Canada

Christmas is coming!

Hey everyone:

I have been put in charge of putting on a 20 minute Christmas play with 10 of my students.  I am wondering if any of my wise friends here on ESL Printables know of a good play that I could use.  I am looking for a dialogue that I can use for the students to memorize.   I was thinking of a play like, "A Christmas Carol" or something along that line.  If any of you have some help for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and cheers from Shanghai,

Fletsch

19 Nov 2010      

libertybelle
United States

I doubt you could get through A Christmas Carol in 20 minutes.
Why not do a chapter from the Bible?  Or.........
Try writing Christmas Sketches in Google and see what comes up.
L

19 Nov 2010     

fletsch
Canada

I have to stay away from Bible sketches as per my school - and I did google Christmas sketches, but they all seem a bit too difficult for my ESL students...

19 Nov 2010     

boydegg
Thailand

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

It �s a VERY simplified version of the story with a lot of repetition. I used it with 8 year old Japanese students last year. Four different classes and all successful.

Hope it �s useful to you.

Brian

19 Nov 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

I don �t know how old your sts are, but I have this play http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=262754#thetop here which I used with my students and it worked out well. We even did it as a puppet play, because some of them were shy to act in public. You can check the preview, so you don �t waste points if you don �t like it. Sorry for the self-advertising, people, but it �s a particular thing asked for.
Anyway, Fletsch, whatever you choose, do enjoy it - it can be so much fun putting on a play with kids.

19 Nov 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Fletsch

I don �t understand - because Christmas IS a religious holiday! Isn �t putting on a Christmas play that �s not a religious a contradiction in terms?

19 Nov 2010     

miss K.
Ukraine

Yes, it seem like a contrudiction to us but this play has to be done in china and they don �t want the children to know about a real Savior coming to earth to save peopl from their sins. So Christmas is more than just a religious holiday, it �s more about god who gives life and shanghai is in Communistic country

19 Nov 2010