Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What nationality is a person from UK?    

What nationality is a person from UK?

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

XIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Almaz

What can I say, such a misgeography...... GOD HELP ME!!!

Portugal became an indepedent  countryin 1140; we kind of " cut " relations with the reigh of Le�o ( LION ). The other territory of the Peninsula consisted of several independent reigns - Le�o, Navarra, Castela, Arag�o. The Portuguese part was a small territory, in the north, called Condado Portucalense. Our kings conquered all the rest of the southward , till the Algarve, in less than a century. By 1230 our frontiers were already the ones we have, nowadays.

Spain, in the meanwhile, took a little longer to conquer the " sultanato " of Andaluzia and to get its frontiers as we know them nowadays.

Can �t leave without saying that we, Portuguese and Spanish, conquered our territory to the Arabian, from the North Africa.

Hugs
Linda

21 Nov 2010     

Fabiola R
Argentina

When I read about tango, I thought.. NOOO.. COme on! People from Argentina dance Tango.. I have to say it..
It made me laugh...Thanks God Linda said it..

What a mess this discussion is..

See u all.. Have a nice weekend Thumbs Up

21 Nov 2010     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Thank you, Linda.

You can send me a Private Message to ask me any other questions that you have about the UK.

But please remember, I am VERY STUPID!

When you send me an email, please, type VERY SLOWLY, because I can not read very quickly.

I am sorry that I thought that Portugal was in South America.  I was thinking that Portugal is the UK �s oldest ally, and that Carmen Miranda is my favourite Portuguese singer, who was named after the Spanish opera heroine, �Carmen �, wtitten by the French composer, Georges Bizet, and that she lived in Brazil, which is in South America, and I was singing "Mam�e eu quero", and I was trying to remember her song, "Ta�", and she was dancing, "Chica-Chica-Bum-Chic", and that �s why I was confused!

I know that there is a song: "Never do the Tango with an Eskimo", but I didn �t know that there was another song: "A professora nunca dan�a com um polvo!"

Muito obrigado.

Les

21 Nov 2010     

stuartallen77
China

I thought Portugal was a province of Spain?

Rule Britannia! haha.

21 Nov 2010     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Encantado, Querida Fabiola R,

�Tienes un diccionario?  Buena.  Busque la palabra "iron�a", por favor.

Muchas gracias.

(Porque estoy MUY tonto - pero est�pido, No!)

Buenas noches.

Les

21 Nov 2010     

alefunes
Argentina

Afloja Les tanta iron�a is tiring

21 Nov 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

@Les Thumbs Down

21 Nov 2010     

sanchezos
Serbia

Hahahaaa, e sva�ta!!!
Clap

21 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Yes, there are some confusing facts about countries, their history and culture. Let�s take Les� example: Carmen Miranda. She�s the most famous Brazilian singer, although she was Portuguese. LOL

Thanks a lot for the explanation, my students always get confused when learning about The Great Britain, British Isles, etc. WOW, there are too many details one has to learn� but it�s very interesting to understand people and their culture, when we want to learn their language.

Cheers

Zailda

21 Nov 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Yes, Alex, you are right about the Pen�nsula Ib�rica : 
Have a good Sunday, everyone!

21 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >