Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > All the good stuff ....    

All the good stuff ....

pilarmham
Spain

I mean, I totally agree.

22 Nov 2010     

Errie
Japan

I create all worksheets by myself so, I can �t agree with you on this one Blunderbuster.
What the hell are you drinking anyway?..Wink

22 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I understand perfectly what Regina is saying and I second all her words. She�s merely repeating the speech we heard many times from people caught red-handed publishing other people �s work as theirs.

I�m also tired of them and their assumptions.

22 Nov 2010     

MoodyMoody
United States

My guess is that BB is frustrated with people assuming that all "the good stuff" is copied from "professionals." There is a modicum of truth to it. For example, we have lots and lots of stuff on, for example, irregular past tense verbs on this site. We can �t come up with new irregular past tense verbs in English, so we look at references (other people �s work) to get the lists.

But many or most of us put our own original stamp on it, or at least do our own work. I haven �t posted any of my past tense Bingos here yet, but I assure you that I did my own work on them. But probably there are already 500 past tense Bingos up here. That doesn �t make mine less original. I didn �t even copy the idea from other people here because I made them long before I joined this site. It just means that good ideas spread around.

Occasionally someone has a completely original idea, probably for vocabulary rather than grammar. (I �m very proud of my two original ideas, but I �ve already uploaded them, so I won �t say more.)

Just because we aren �t professional writers or professional artists doesn �t mean we can �t do amazing original work. I don �t have many things posted here (and they may not be all that great), but they are all mine. A cheater that assumes that it takes a professional to put work up here is lazy. I �d rather post all original work that no one downloads than upload a copy of something. At best, that �s plagiarism. At worst, it �s piracy.

22 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

There�s no difference between the talent and creativity of a professional or a teacher who makes wss for his students. We have talented people here who have become professional book writers indeed. Everyone starts from some point and if we start copying other person�s ideas we won�t ever come up with anything original.

Some develop their skills and creativity inspired by others; some prefer to copy the others. If you start by copying you�ll never be able to make anything original.

22 Nov 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Good (?) morning. I plead guilty. All my worksheets - even the short Xmas play I uploaded today (this is hidden advertising, I know) - are partly copied. My main source of plagiarism is Longman �s Dictionary of Language and Culture, my favourite dictionary. I hope they won �t report me for using �their � words... I used a neologism though (SantaPal), for which I take sole credit. Bottoms up, BB!

22 Nov 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

Philip that �s disgusting. I would report all your worksheets except I don �t have a copy of "Longman �s Dictionary of Language and Culture".

22 Nov 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

Shocked

22 Nov 2010     

Errie
Japan

Everything has been done already so whatever people will come up with is a � �copy � � of something somewhere on the net or else.
It �s indeed a different story when you � �steal � � others work and upload them here or somewhere else and claim it �s yours. Someone � �stole � � my ws last week but I don �t get mad or frustated about it because that �s the deal when you � �share � � your work. There are always and always will be people who are doing that. There �s nothing much you can do about that.

@David...lol

@Philip: they should ban you for live..Wink

22 Nov 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

I was once reported for using WORDS (not pictures) from my dictionary and the ws was even deleted Tongue The thing is I wrote in the description that I found some interesting words in my dictionary (btw they were not on one page. I had to look through ALL the dictionary before making a ws). So "everything �s borrowed in this world" (C) Scooter http://www.allthelyrics.com/song/37922/

22 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >