Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > reported contribution    

reported contribution

IrenFishka503
Ukraine

reported contribution

Hi, friends!
I am quite shocked, disappointed and sad! Cry Thumbs Down Shocked
My contribution has been reported but I have spent 5 hours to make it! Thumbs Down
IT IS UNFAIR! Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down
iT IS MY NEW PPT "FUNNY EMOTIONS" WITH FUNNY SOUNDS AND SUPER PICTURES! PLEASE HELP ME, SUPPORT ME, MY DEAR FRIENDS!!!!! Handshake
IREN

23 Nov 2010      

libertybelle
United States

Reported worksheets have to be confirmed by other members.
If the other members agree with the reason for it being reported, then it is removed.
If you are sure you made it yourself and you haven �t used watermarked images - then you should write to Victor and tell him.

Moderators are not trying to ruin anyone�s day.
You have no idea how many people were sad, disappointed and angry at
all the theft going on here.  Now we are many who can stop that.

There is always the chance that a worksheet that isn�t against the rules
gets reported - but not many.  Not at all compared to the stolen worksheets before.
A year ago the message board was filled with angry  messages about this - and now, in my opinion,
it�s much better.

L

23 Nov 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

hello!

I was checking the report contribtions and ...
@Iren your wss was reported because it contains copyrighted images from picjoke.com, is it right?

@Mariya your ws was reported because it has some sentences taken from http://www.slideshare.net/scuestacalvo/relative-2-exercises

Alex Carr

23 Nov 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

I �m afraid the link you provided it �s enough to removed your ws, becuase it was taken from an ESL page. in fact, you will lose all the points you get with it.

next time be sure just add your own sentences, otherwise will be unfair!

have a nice day

Hug

Alex Carr

23 Nov 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Actually, it was not just a couple of sentences, MariyaB.
You took your whole first exercise from: http://www.vivquarry.com/wkshts/relative1q.html

Anyone might get some inspiration from somewhere, but copying word for word is a whole other thing. Maybe you should read the rules once more.

Your worksheet will most certainly be removed and yes, you will lose the points received due to the fact the exercises were not made by you.

Be more careful reading the rules next time.

Regards,

Bruna.

23 Nov 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

@iren I �m afraid your ppt has a copyright picture taken from http://en.picjoke.net/effect.php?effectnumber=533. then you can replace that picture and re-upload it. 

Have a nice day!

Alex Carr

23 Nov 2010     

Dorys_a
Argentina

Once it happened to me that one of my worksheets was reported because without knowing, apparently,  I included some examples from a grammar book (Honestly, I really didn �t know because I had had the ws written down on paper for a  long time) and actually after checking the theory in the book, it was not exactly what Ihad written. But well,  the point is that apart from the examples I had included exercises that I had created. I know this is allowed. If I �m not wrong one of he rules, I think number 6, says so. Well, the fact was that my ws was removed losing all my points. It �s OK. But the thing is that I wrote to Victor many times without getting an answer, which made me feel a bit sad or let �s say disappointed. I was relatively new in this and I wanted to explain what I had tried to do. And I really would have liked to get a reply. I agree with the removal of things that are stolen. I would never cheat or go against the rules. That �s we we are supposed to teach our students. But in my case I felt that if one makes a mistake, may be it would be nice to get a private message from the person who found that something was wrong. That is what I would do first.  So you have the chance to go over your work, correct it  or remove it if the problem really exists. It is kind of aggressive, in my opinion being reported anonimously and all of a sudden find that your worksheet has been removed. I seems as if people enjoyed reporting things without letting you know first. At least that was what happened to me and what I felt. As I have said I �m relativey new in this but I have always been very enthusiastic about all this. But this episode didn �t make me feel very well. Sometimes it is not what you say, but the way you say it. And being kind, friendly and giving the chance to others to defend their work  makes you feel at ease. I guess that is the idea.

23 Nov 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

It is not we enjoyed reporting wss, you are wrong !
I understand sometimes we feel disappointed when our wss are reported and we don �t know the exactly reason(s).
IMHO if we are sure we are not infringing any rule there �s nothing to be afraid of.

23 Nov 2010     

Dorys_a
Argentina

Exactly!!  When we don �t know the exact reasons or when it is unfair!!! What happens when you are not infringing the rules, you explain and nobody listens to you? I don �t feel afraid of anything I feel disappointed and not about the removal of my ws, but about people! We are all colleagues, I suppose. And we should help each other. And if something is wrong let the person know first. >Imagine at school, parents complaining about your work (behind your back) to the headmistress. Shouldn �t parents talk to you first??

23 Nov 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

@Dorys... you �d be surprised with the number of deliberate cheating in here and everywhere else. From my own experience, I can tell you that the reporting system is as good as it gets. There �s no way to simply "contact" the member. That would mean having to bookmark the user in order to check if he/she has made any changes or has deleted the ws. Which I guess you agree is too time-consuming and no one would wanna do it (and plus, for free).

Any other thing would be a disfavor to the website, because you would see sth against the rules and leave it there, hanging on the will of the member who uploaded to remove it.

That �s why everyone should REALLY stop taking the reporting as a personal thing. Had everyone read the rules (sometimes, maybe a little more carefully), there would be no problem. Mistakes happen, and even from the moderators part. There �s no reason to make a big deal out of it. This is just a website (although I admit, a great one). LOL

Take care (and take it easy).

Bruna

23 Nov 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

BTW... if you �ve had a ws unfairly removed, just uploaded it again explaing what you think it was misunderstood. There �s no big mistery. People make mistakes, and as an uploader can make a mistake, a reporter can too.

In the end, it �s all about not taking this whole thing of points and downloads too seriously. It �s just a system. The important thing is being a part of such a great community of teachers.

23 Nov 2010     

1    2    Next >