Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Articles in city names.    

Articles in city names.

almaz
United Kingdom

Adam, Science Fiction usually throws up a good few The-type cities; check this for a nice, lazy example.

Sophia, why shouldn �t I?

24 Nov 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

2 Alex: I don �t know... I guess it �s unusual... I got used to people fom "the west" who know very little about Ukraine or Ukrainian history. You are probably an exception. 
Should I ask: you still share his "philosophy"?

Sorry, Adam, I deviated from the topicEmbarrassed A woman �s curiosity, ya know.
Sophia

24 Nov 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Sophia, I have always had some misgivings about his platformism, if that �s any help.

25 Nov 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Adam

How about small country towns?

If you are a Sydneysider you will know about the popular holiday spot The Entrance http://www.theentrance.org/.  I wish I was there now instead of marking, marking marking ...

Cheers

Jayho

25 Nov 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

2 Jayho: ... your territory?Smile
Sophia
High time I went to bed.

25 Nov 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Sorry ueslteacher - Sadly, I have not been there (yet) but I know it is very popular with Sydneysiders heading north to escape the hustle and bustle of the big smoke.  When I was a Sydneysider I used to always head south instead but I can �t think of any places in the south of NSW with the in the name (but this will certainly bug me all day now)

Cheers

Jayho

edit:  I�m a bit slow on the uptake this morning - Sophia meant marking my territory - good one Sophia Thumbs Up

25 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2