Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A matter of attitude    

A matter of attitude

Mariethe House
France

A matter of attitude

I just want to say that I have learnt and still am learning a lot with this site .

When there is something I don �t know, which is new to me, I read it, make my opinion and think or write: I agree or I don �t agree. My fundamental attitude for the person who has written the post is one of respect. I give my opinion but never ever do I say it is stupid or wrong or superficial or whatever! i.e. I never make a value judgement!

I also happen to know  things that mayb e some of you don �t know and this  because
I have studied it or practised it  and I wouldn �t mention it if I was not sure of it!
So I would expect the same attitude from those who don �t know, that is to say" I agree or I don �t" but never: "this is stupid!"  
When I was talking the other day about life and death of a group, This is a subject I know very well and the reference I cited is totally serious and reliable! Sorry SYLVE if you have never heard about it! You should read it more attentively!
But maybe after having criticized this group for not meeting your expectations, you are afraid it might disappear and suddenly you come back and blame the person who might cause it to disappear! You are totally in one of the stages described in the article I mentioned!
A word to the wise is enough!Smile

Here is the link:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=24422

25 Nov 2010      

mirelli
Brazil

I agree with you Marieth�!

Once I posted something that I wasn �t sure and someone was very rude when answered my question.

In my opinion if you didn �t like the post, just ignore it and respect if the person has doubts about something.

Have a nice day!

25 Nov 2010     

perma
Greece

Hi Mariethe!

First I �d like to say that I too totally agree with the article �s point. I hadn �t thought of it before, at least not in this way nor in these words, but yes, that �s how it works.

Second, the problem with your other thread is that it got hi-jacked for hi �s and hello �s and so on, until the point was lost. Perhaps we should be more careful and reply to a thread only if we have something relevant to say. Personal greetings can be sent with pm �s, no?

Wishing a nice day to everyone!

25 Nov 2010     

stexstme
France

Sorry Marieth� if I used that weird sense of humour ...again! I thought YOU �d know for sure I was joking...Cry Knowing me, what else could it be ???
My deepest apologies. 
Perma is right ;o)
S.

25 Nov 2010