Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > movie maker    

movie maker

Natal1a
Russian Federation

movie maker

Dear colleagues, will you tell me if there exists any programme transforming Power Point Presentations into a movie, so that it would become possible to watch it as a video clip.

25 Nov 2010      

PhilipR
Thailand

You could use Windows Movie Maker (comes with Windows). Instruction video here (quite dull) or here (funky).           

Freeware PowerPoint to Video Converter here.

25 Nov 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Thanks Phillip..Ed

25 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

If you don�t want to preserve the PowerPoint effects, you can convert it in movies using the Microsoft free softwares each (modern) computer may have:

1- After saving your ppt file (you may want to edit it in the future, therefore it�s a good idea to keep the original file), save it again as picture (gif or jpeg) � scroll down the options you have on the bottom of the saving window.

2- It�ll be asked if you want to save only that slide or all, choose �all�.

3- They�ll be saved in a folder with the same title as your ppt file.

4- Open Moviemaker (a free software provided by Microsoft, if you don�t have it visit the Microsoft page and download It for free).

5- Click �choose files� and insert all the files in your folder.

6- You can add effects, music, output format, etc.

7- You can also burn a DVD, including menus and it�ll look very �professional�.

I like to impress my students preparing this kind of project to present them, the only disadvantage is that some seem to be more interested in learning how I prepared it than in the subject presented.

Hope it helps.

25 Nov 2010     

Natal1a
Russian Federation

Thank you very much for your help. I �m sure I �ll make use of all your recommendations and tips. Smile

25 Nov 2010