Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your opinion- Please, help me    

I need your opinion- Please, help me

D@N! P
Brazil

I need your opinion- Please, help me

Dear teachers,

Could you read the post below and give me your opinion?  I �ll be very thankful. It is very important to me.

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=24476

Thank you very much

26 Nov 2010      

cheezels
New Zealand

Maybe if you made your reference into a link so people could click on it instead of copying and pasting you might get more replies?

Do this by editing your post- Select the text that is the link then click on the little blue world icon. It should make your link workable :-)
I hope others can give you some more advice.

My advice is still the same.
I wouldn �t get too involved with this. Has your friend actually got any teaching qualifications or background- or it is something that they just want to do? Just sounds too ambitious for someone who you have said has been a past student, so I am assuming they have no teaching ability/background and probably are still learning themselves. (As they want you to plan all the courses....) I don �t know how many people will pay money for someone like this either...

Good luck. It will be interesting to see what others think...Maybe you need to give us more information also to help advise you better?

26 Nov 2010     

apayala
Spain

Maybe if you say NO, your friend will learn the most important lesson you have ever taught him: that he is free to do whatever he wants with his life but not involving others. Stop feeling responsible for him. It is not fair to start a project relying on others, at best it is immature and irresponsible, at worst I would say: what a cheek!

26 Nov 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I design my courses (for French, not for English) and I love doing it. I have courses for all levels, for adults, teens and children.

One of my courses is for teens. I wrote a detective story in chapters. After each reading , there are grammar and vocabulary exercises, listening and speaking actitivities. The listening activities are from the internet. As I give only private classes, there is no problem. The exercises I make myself, of course I take my inspiration from books. The good thing is, it �s never finished, and I improve it after each student. The kids love it because they want to know the story (who the criminal is). I have tried with Gloria to make an English version of the method in order to publish it for public schools in Brazil, but as there isn �t such a possibility, we gave up.

If you are creative, try to make your own course, it �s really funny.

26 Nov 2010