Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > souvenirs for students--- Ideas?    

souvenirs for students--- Ideas?

Samantha.esl
Italy

souvenirs for students--- Ideas?

Hi!
I was wondering if you happen to have any ideas regarding end of year souvenirs for students. I would love to give them something as a gift... something simple, just to say thank you and wish them a great holiday and New Year!
I thought about some bookmarks with some sweets.
Since I don �t have time to prepare something better. They are teens (16-17)..
What do you think? Any better idea?

Thanks..

28 Nov 2010      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Cards with something encouraging and pesonal for each of them (maybe about their success or strong sides, or their help) with the wishes for a new year?
Sophia

28 Nov 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

I gave my sts bookmarks with wise quotes, stickers and candy(which they loved, because, after all, we �re all children at heart), and a small card with a personal note for each of them. You could also give them a poem(I wrote a Farewell to students which I plan to give to my sts at the end of this school year) or some sort of a minibook (I believe Mariethe made one to say goodbye to her sts - younger though, but why not make one to show them what you will remember them for?)... It �s also nice to make photos of all of you and frame them, have them sign the back and perhaps write a note for them at the back... 

28 Nov 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Thank you for your suggestions!! I think the poems are a great idea!! But I �ll have to use some already made poems since I �m not good at writing poems at all!! Ha -ha!!
The personal note sounds good too! Thanks!

28 Nov 2010     

cauffeepot
Benin

I  give my students treat bags at the end of each month to celebrate birthdays in the class. Also, �ve had classes sign a pillowcase with permanent marker, which is a souvenir I get to keep.

28 Nov 2010     

Jayho
Australia

I use bookmarks too

28 Nov 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Thanks for commenting everyone! Good night..:-)

29 Nov 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

I have recently started a "brag" book where students who are leaving write comments to me. I always attach a photo because, to be honest, we have so many students it is easy to forget them. I wish I had started it at the beginning of my ESL career.
As for Christmas I go to the $2 shops and buy souvenirs, eg stubby holders, pencils, clip-on koalas. I always include a comment on a card. It doesn �t cost much but it is well-received.
It �s the thought that counts!
Joy

29 Nov 2010