Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > new account    

new account

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Yolanda,

we all are just humans being. I believe you have learned and everything will be fine now. Looking forward your contribs. Wink

30 Nov 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

I read Yolanda �s post and I feel really sad... I �m not happy about the new atmosphere of the site but I rarely intervene on the forum, I find it more rewarding to keep a "low profile" and just upload/download worksheets. However, I �d like to wish you good luck Yolanda - I remember you of course :-) and all the best. Dear Linda, I support your wise and kind words as always ♥ You are wonderful.

30 Nov 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Yolanda

I do not have moderator status therefore I am not privvy to what happened.  However, if you PM Victor and explain your situation just as you have explained here then he might restore your old account.  My recommendation is that you give it a go and see what happens.  Nothing ventured - nothing gained.

I�ve been around for two years and I still love this site.  Workwise, I�d be lost without it.

Cheers

Jayho

30 Nov 2010     

Catalina Sorina
Romania

Hello again, Yolanda (yolprica, as I know you)

Will you upload the same photo you used to have at your avatar? I think it will help if you want to re-upload your wss, as people will recognize you.

Thumbs Up Take care,
Catalina

30 Nov 2010     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi Yolanda, welcome back! Smile

Zora Thumbs Up I totally agree with you!

30 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Question: Why did none of those who were watching Yolanda �s printables being reported warn her before reporting so many of her printables that it led to the cancellation of her account? Some people receive warnings from others, some don �t.... All that must have happened within a few days or yolprica would have noticed.

If yolprica�s account WAS removed because of the reasons she addressed, there must be a mistake somewhere. It would not be fair to cancel an account for that, I do not believe it was just THAT, I assume there is no mistake in the system.

Pulling the trigger works in many directions......but, I forget, I was the REAL bad person here. Some of you are pointing fingers at me, some are those who are almost always cynical when writing on the forum? Puzzles me.

Hi Aimee, I saw that one coming ;o)

30 Nov 2010     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

I think that it is important that we are kinder and more repectful of one another. I am always appalled when we teachers act just like the children we teach. I remember clearly the devastation if felt when my second contribution was reported. Here I was a newbie, getting a message that said your worksheet has been reported.

I asked what was the problem ... but no response. So I asked in an open forum, if I would be able to maintain the 3 points the worksheet had already gained... it required a simple yes or no...  I was thinking that it was removed because it was not considered an ESL resource. My argument being that some people had found it useful so I should keep the points. I was told to read the rules etc. etc.  Insulted and then told to have a nice day! Yeah right!

We all have read the rules but can we remember them all in one sitting? I think not!   I knew that I hadn �t stolen anyone �s worksheet  and if I did then I deserved to be sanctioned - but do we have to be so mean with one another especially if it was a simple error and someone is new to the site?

The fact of matter was that my  worksheet had watermarked images. Something I did not remember because I had had the worksheet for sometime and posted it to get a feel of the website - remember I was a newbie. I had promised myself not to response to anything I read in the forum because I have experienced that if you disagreed with certain individual(s) .. they are out to get you!! Just like the bullies in the class.

However, I am saying what I have to say and let the chips fall where they may!!!

30 Nov 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

I see we �re back on the old �what has happened to this site? � schtick - like it �s never happened before. Check this, for example, from a year ago.

This site ticks along just fine so there �s no need for the hand-wringing and dramatic gestures (but if that �s what you �re into, well, whatever floats your boat). People come and people go. It was ever thus, so it �s nice to see you �re back, Yolanda - although, to be perfectly honest, I had no idea that you �d gone.

30 Nov 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

Just a thought but this backstabbing seems to date from the time when the points needed to be a moderator were raised from 1000 to 5000.
What does this tell us?
I �m sorry to see frenchfrog has gone...such a loss to our community.

Can we outlaw sarcasm and innuendo before we lose more precious contributors?
Perhaps we should not be some hard on people who do try so hard but haven �t got the skills which come with experience.

Remember that everyone is fighting their own battles in life.
Cheers Joy

30 Nov 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

Dear Yolanda!!

We do remember you and we  do feel sad to hear such bad news. I did downloaded many of your great Ws and I used them  with my students.
  I do always tend to send a  warning  message to the author  but unfortunately I didn �t pay attention to your reported worksheets.
I always believe in a second chance or the third why not  before cancelling the account.
"The member who reported your worksheet should have informed you before hand and let you know about your mistakes" though he is not oblige to do it.
You �re more than welcome, We �re  just human beings, and am sure that you �ll have all your points back!!!
Wish you all the best!!!!

30 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >