Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > What DON īT you download here?    

What DON īT you download here?

colibrita
United Kingdom

What DON īT you download here?

Hi Everyone,

Thought I īd start this thread which hopefully will be productive in helping us improve the standard and/or practicality of our worksheets. I think it might be interesting to hear about other teachers � criteria for what constitutes a useful worksheet.

In my case I don īt download song worksheets where the key or full version of the song is not included, nor do I download colour-heavy worksheets as I pay for my own ink, so it īs something I īm very conscious of!

What about you...?

Hugs

Colibrita

1 Dec 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

I only download what I need and mostly when I need it. I actually only used my free downloads back when I didn īt have lots of points. If I need sth and see from the preview that the content suits my sts � knowledge level and needs and interests, then I download it. Or when sth catches my eye and I find it will be useful to me. I have learned to make the most of the preview.

1 Dec 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

I download everything I find useful including colour-heavy worksheets as I pay for my own ink so I can print any of them in any quantities. Smile

1 Dec 2010     

Roman Svozilek
Czech Republic

colibrita: You can almost always quite easily change the colour or remove the background completely. That īs what I do, because frankly I believe that īheavy � colours will catch your eye and you are more likely to open the preview and then possibly download it, and yes, it is pretty, but not very practical. As I said, though, it can be easily deleted.

But don īt get me wrong, I like the fact that there are colours, because I never print worksheets in only black and white. 

I have a different īproblem � (it is not really a problem, just a thought), I only teach adults and some (most?) worksheets here are for kids, with pictures of teddy bears and stuff like that. But they are also quite easy to wipe out.

PS: I only now noticed the title of your thread. Well, I DO download here and I am extremely happy that this site exists. I ALWAYS find something here when I most need it. :-)

1 Dec 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I download ws dealing with the topics I teach at the moment or that I know I īll teach that semester. I also download wss with interesting approaches, or creative taks / exercises. I don īt pay much attention to the use of colors or pictures because I can add / drop them according to my students age or the time I have to use it in class.

Sometimes I download wss because they fit perfectly the wss I prepared for a class and look like a complement of them, I prefer to use sets of ws to practice the same subject until my students get familiar to them.

Have a nice day!

1 Dec 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

Please, Please more business English worksheets for all levels :)

1 Dec 2010     

miss K.
Ukraine

I too don īt download words or songs also mainly because I may not agree with the content of it or have to find it somewhere. I also don īt download scary pictures like witches and𦅙onsters and materials praising evolution, witchcraft (fortunetelling) and I am amazed why teachers want to use those especially with younger children.

It would b ehelpful to see ws for teens or young adult (content and pictures).

Also it would be helpful not too use all capital letters in ws for younger children or some elaborate fonts as kids below 9 have traouble reading it. Another thing which would be helpful is to have more spece for writing, ecpecially when sts have toĐðrite坟entences.

1 Dec 2010     

foreverjinxed
South Africa

I agree with Miss K on the fonts and capitalization.

I don īt download worksheets. I find them generally too ībusy � and they make me dizzy.

I īm downloading less PPT multiple choice games. They look impressive, but my students don īt find them fun.

I do download new and unique PPT games, and presentations that are cleverly laid out, or include unusual clipart or sounds.

A good day to you all :)

1 Dec 2010     

libertybelle
United States

When I read that teachers have to pay for ink or paper, it just makes me want to cry.

Do lawyers pay for anything?
Do doctors pay for each syringe they use?
Do politicians pay for traveling or their fine offices?

Why in the heck are we taken advantage of in this way?
Why is the future and welfare of children first on the list of ways- to- save- money?
when the economy is lousy - they politicians save on schools.
God forbide they save where it might hurt themselves  -like expensive lunches...etc.

Doesn īt the future of the world depend upon good education?
What would happen if teachers said - STOP with the stinginess!??

I read here about places that don īt even have books in their schools and the teachers still have to pay for print-outs.

What is happening to this world?

1 Dec 2010     

miss K.
Ukraine

In some cases teacher may estimate how much is the print out, think how many print outs kid needs per month and ask parents to divide the cost for ink and paper. Of course if the parents are poor they would not be able to do so. There also has to be some way to check how many copies were made for students.

1 Dec 2010     

Fallen Angel
Portugal

I love this site. It has been very helpful so far. I download everything that seems to be interesting and that I might use with my students. But I always change things a little bit so that they can fit my needs.
As far as pictures are concerned, I like appealing worksheets and so do my students, but I never download worksheets because of the pictures,  I add them myself. There are some worksheets that have a wonderful layout but very poor content; when that happens I just delete them.
As for copies, I guess I īm a lucky teacher, I don īt have to pay for them. I can copy whatever I want in the school where I work. However, this is an exception here in Portugal.
Hugs from Portugal,
Cristina

1 Dec 2010     

1    2    Next >