Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Is it ok? i am thinking to do this activity in a written test????????? help me please!!!!    

Is it ok? i am thinking to do this activity in a written test????????? help me please!!!!

lilianrichard
Argentina

Is it ok? i am thinking to do this activity in a written test????????? help me please!!!!

I am going to write the following in a written test:

1-Write sentences expressing:

a-Routine
b- An action that started and finished in the past
c-Prediction without an evidence
d-Future Plans
e-Future arrangements
f-A progress action in the past
g-Experiences
h-An action interrupted by another action in the past
i-Prediction with evidence

What do you think is it ok? in this i will be evaluating tenses such as present continuous, present somple, past simple, past continuous, Near future, Simple future and present perfect.
Also, I am thinking to add some words or images in order to guide my students to write the sentences , please help me and advice me how to improve thisactivity, thanks

1 Dec 2010      

Turkey

this is too explicit. i think i wouldn �t prepare such a part in my test. i would prepare fill-in-the-blanks part and to evaluate their confidency and competency with tenses, i would include a writing part, and of course in this part i would give (a) situation(s) and ask them to write and to try to use all tenses. 

1 Dec 2010     

kodora
Greece

When preparing a test you should bear in mind that not all children have the same abilities.So there must be various kinds of exercises which will offer the chance to every child to be able to cope with it -at least to some extent.These generalizations are disheartening and I am pretty sure that even your best students will not be able to answer them.Multiple choice exercises,
error correction,True/False,fill in the blanks and questions on short passages are more suitable.
Dora

1 Dec 2010