Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > possessive case!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!    

possessive case!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!

imanito
Morocco

possessive case!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!

Hello guys!
I have to teach possessive case to beginners and I need your help. Could you give me some ideas on how to teach it in a very simple and clear way?
Thank you so much in advance.
Imanito

1 Dec 2010      

Turkey

using animals can be beneficial and if they are young learners, they will like it.

1 Dec 2010     

Nicola5052
United Kingdom

Drawing a family tree - maybe using photos they bring in - is something they can really relate to.  They learn family vocabulary too.

1 Dec 2010     

tulpen25
Netherlands

I would just use the materials in the room e.g. your pen, someone else �s pen, someone �s (school)bag, someone �s shoes, someone �s jacket, your blackboard etc, etc and then ask them, "Who owns this [pen]?" and try and get them to say "It is [name�s] pen"

1 Dec 2010     

imanito
Morocco

thank you so much guys for the great advice Smile 

1 Dec 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

What I usually tend to do. I ask a group of students to put some of their school supplies  ( pencil cases/ books/ ...materials ( mobiles/mp3s.... or clothes ( jackets/ scarves....,accessoires( earings/ necklaces....) on my desk . the  student who is going to ask has to   take  one thing . for example a mobile .The students whose mobile is chosen should  stand   then the first one ask others or his partner " Whose mobile is it?" It �s Ahmed �s.....
Hope it helps!!
Have   a nice evening!!!

1 Dec 2010     

imanito
Morocco

thanks a lot Mabdel.
BTW, I love the map....... VIVE LE MAROC

1 Dec 2010