Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > huge query    

huge query

Vivi Quir
Argentina

huge query

Hi people, today I came across a doubt.

Do u say "do the activity on the folder or in the folder"?  I heard a teacher say "on the folder" and I thought it was in the folder or in the copy book Stern Smile

thanks a looooot!

2 Dec 2010      

almaz
United Kingdom

If the activity was �dance � and I had to do it on the folder, I would first place the folder on the floor.

2 Dec 2010     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

In the folder is correct!

2 Dec 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I would say in the folder because it is inside something.  If you were to say � �on the folder � � it would mean to do it directly on the folder.

2 Dec 2010     

Vivi Quir
Argentina

Thank you people!!!! Then I wasn �t wrong!!!! You see? I feel relieved now. I felt so bad today when I thought I had been misusing it for so many years!!!!!

2 Dec 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

You can say this two ways!

ON the folder, if you want them to write or do something on the front of the folder like a picture.

IN the folder, when the folder is open and you need them to write or drew a picture inside the folder.

So depending on where you want them to do the work you would use ON OR IN.

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

3 Dec 2010