Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Poem    

Poem

Gustavo20
Argentina

Poem

depression is tearing me apart... no matter what pills i take... it just does not work... last night i wrote this... and i need to share it with someone... it does not matter who....

a piano from a distance
playing a soothing requiem
the weeping of mourners
echoing in each string
the bloodstained keys
by deepening grief stricken
by languid fingers struck
the horror draws near
pupils dilate with fear
capillaries to the surface come
bloodshot my eyes become
darkness cuddles me
in its cradle of shadows
and sings a lullaby to me
of eternal elusive sleep

by Gus

4 Dec 2010      

nombasa
South Africa

Dear Gus

Thank you for your lovely poem.  Poetry is a great way to express emotions that sometimes you don �t even know are there.  If you need to talk, please send me a pm and I will gladly listen accross the continents.

Nombasa

4 Dec 2010     

fidelina
Iceland

Absolutely beautiful and a very powerful poem.  Keep on writing - you are definitely a very talented writer.

You are welcome to pm me if you want to exchange words Hug

4 Dec 2010     

libertybelle
United States

From your heart to the hearts of others.

4 Dec 2010     

mariannina
Italy

Hi dear, you are a great poet, I love your poem and I understand your feelings, even if they are distant memories now!
If you need a granny...here I am!
I cuddle you and hug youHug

4 Dec 2010     

erdemerdem
Turkey

THANKS

4 Dec 2010     

JudyHalevi
Israel

Lovely poem.  Very emotional.  Thank you.

Please get help for your depression.  Do not allow depression to ruin your life.  I lived with it for 10 years, and then got help, and it was amazing.  I began living again.

Hughugs from Israel

Judy

4 Dec 2010     

SueThom
United States

Yes, please get the help you need to assist you in overcoming depression.  The world will be a better place because of the beauty you create with your gifts.  We need you.

Sue

4 Dec 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Life has too many beautiful sides to it to let depression cloud everything else beyond recognition. Let it all out through your poetry, give yourself time... and the lullaby you hear will become a pleasant one and give you rest in the night, to wake up eagerly to see the new day...

4 Dec 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Beautifu!!!.Thanks.Hug

4 Dec 2010     

Gustavo20
Argentina

thank you for all your warm comments... both these comments and the private messages... the psychiatrist told me to spend some time in a mental hospital... but I can �t right now... I still have final exams to take... but once I �m done with college for this year, I will go there... that is my last resource... if that doesn �t work... I am not sure what path I will take...

4 Dec 2010     

1    2    Next >