Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Maybe our Austrian colleagues could help?    

Maybe our Austrian colleagues could help?

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Maybe our Austrian colleagues could help?

Hi,

I apologize if this will be considered as misusing the forum, but...

This girl Anna Janatkova has been missing since the 13 October and today they were some informations she could have been kidnapped to Austria. Please, our Austrian colleagues, could you spread her photo via mail to your friends? Maybe someone has seen her and could help.

Thank you for your understanding.
(If you will mind me using the forum for this, send me a PM and I �ll remove the thread).
Michaela

6 Dec 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Kind of you to care, Michaela, but won �t Interpol spread the information anyway?

6 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

I �ve seen worse use for this forum.
Let �s hope they find this little girl.

Have a great week everyone!

6 Dec 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@blunerbuster: They probably will but rather among police, not among ordinary people who could be the biggest help, don �t you think?

6 Dec 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hey, you blun_ered there. "d" ("it is taking myself seriously"-day today).

Well, I remember being little seeing all those faces of terrorists on posters EVERYWHERE in Germany. Good luck anyway.

6 Dec 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Terrorists are national threats, little, blonde, inoffensive girls do not hurt people, so...their faces are more discrete. More discretely posted.  
This reminds me the fact that I haven �t seen posters with missing kids around here.Is that my country lacks kidnapped kids or....the system is wrong. And the people don �t care. Confused I am confused. 

6 Dec 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

I had her photo in my blog for some days, but then I became rather confused, because I started getting visits from people, from many, many different countries, who arrived in my blog by searching her. It happened that I didn �t have any tags for her in my blog, so I wondered: How do these people find her here?

Anyway, this is a good use of the forum, in my opinion.

Linda

6 Dec 2010     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

I hope this little girl is soon found !

6 Dec 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2gObHWrHgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StcKEWo75XI&NR=1

This story is really sad... I wish she was found but there is a little hope now.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pohresovana-Anna-Janatkova-Prosim-Pomozte-JI-Najit/103532296379563#!/pages/Pohresovana-Anna-Janatkova-Prosim-Pomozte-JI-Najit/103532296379563?v=info
read the "English version" and forgive the mistakes...

There is a new product - GPS locator - it looks like a watch. Some people think  it is too "nosy" but in my opinion it can save the life of a kid in danger, so why not trying it...
I know the area where she got lost... If I was 10, 12 I would find it ok to walk there... But she didn�t make it home on the unlucky thirteenth day of October...

6 Dec 2010     

Lidia B.
Germany

Poor girl! I hope they will find her soon!

6 Dec 2010     

ants
Switzerland

I think in cases such as this one, you should spread the word, let people know who is missing...especially with child abduction.
Any information from ordinary people will help police enquiries.
I would move heaven and earth if she was my child!! I would want everyone to know just in case someone saw something that could help find where she went.
I pray that they find her soon.

6 Dec 2010     

1    2    Next >