Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Can ´t find good stuff    

Can ´t find good stuff

blunderbuster
Germany

Can ´t find good stuff

Hi,

I just wanted to give you guys some food for thought.

I just looked through my files on present perfect simple and continuous. If I hadn �t been following the recent contributions and gotten this sheet in early November, I would never have found it among the piles and piles of worksheets posted here that all pretty much offer the same thing. This sheet is wonderfully clear, visually attractive, challenging and really helps students to understand the difference between the tenses. It had less than 300 downloads and, therefore, was not among the "top" ws here.

Now a question: How do you find good stuff here?

Regards

6 Dec 2010      

veljaca82
Australia

I �m having the same problem. It is something I need very often because kids often get confused when it comes to differentiating between the two. I can �t remember any (maybe  one or two) that have offered a very clear explanation and very good follow-up exercises. When I need such I just make them by myself.

6 Dec 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi,

but we should be able to benefit from this site, too, right? We shouldn �t have to make everything ourselves just to make sure there isn �t too much information on a ws that kids can �t digest.

Please, everybody else, don �t tell me that we are all different and have different tastes and needs, I know that....

;o(

6 Dec 2010     

pilarmham
Spain

I �d say only occasionally can one find (here or anywhere else) something to fit one �s needs perfectly. But there are so many options and ideas that you can always combine or use as a basis to make exactly what you need! (By the way, Regina, could you give us the link to that worksheet you liked so much??).

6 Dec 2010     

perma
Greece

You �ve got a point, I �ve noticed too that it �s difficult to find what I want in such a huge collection. 
I think if we all were very careful and precise when describing the worksheets we upload, it could help users to narrow down their searches. Filling in the "additional information" in descriptions might help, that should be something like key words, right? 

When I search for something I browse through the top downloads but I also have a look at the "newest first" because I know that the top ones sometimes have been downloaded more times mainly because they have been here longer and they are the first to appear when searching. Obviously though, there are worksheets that will  appear neither among the "top" ones nor among the "newest first" , even though they might be very useful.

It �d be nice if something could be done here, but I �ve no idea what!

6 Dec 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Word of mouth is the only way I see. If you find something good and someon needs it post it oherwise we have to go through tons of stuff to find the gems.

6 Dec 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Try googling ESLprintables and your keywords/criteria. Doesn �t always work but more often than not you �ll get what you �re looking for (and, oddly enough, not always at this site). 

7 Dec 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

i agree with you. i often end up doing the ws myself because it takes me so much time to search that  i find less time consuming doing it.  i think that if victor would implement the rule of deleting ws that havent been download in a month then it would save us a lot of time and also clean the server. i don �t get why this hasn �t been done.

7 Dec 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

I think it is better to pop in once in two or three days or once a week at least...
This helps me to have a glimpse on previews of majority of wss published...

While looking for a certain keyword, the list of 200 worksheets on ONE page would help...
It is tiring to click "next" every 10 contributions... I always give up after 10 hits...

Any computer experts around?
Would it be possible to change the number of worksheets displayed on a "search page" from 10 to 200??

PS: We can always try google + search within eslprintables...

7 Dec 2010     

apayala
Spain

Maybe if inside each category there would be the possibility of voting the top 10 wss or something similar, we could see when looking for a ws which ones are the favourite ones. What do you think?

7 Dec 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

Since I find a member who provides useful and good material I search among his wss first. I also keep track of the subjects I teach at that moment, take notes when I don �t need a wss at that specific moment, but may use in the future.

Of course there are ones that I find so useful that I decide to download right away and store it in my computer.

7 Dec 2010     

1    2    Next >