Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Thank you for your support!    

Thank you for your support!

libertybelle
United States

Thank you for your support!

Thank you to all the members here who supported my needlessly reported worksheet on Santa �s House yesterday.

Some of our members who don �t make many ws to share, are busy reporting without having all the facts.

They are just a little too fast on the trigger. Not only does this make hard-working members sad, it also undermines our credibility,- we also lose points and some members don �t get the opportunity to download a ws they just might be needing.

So please make sure you have all the facts before reporting.
Use your time on making worksheets to share and save our poor
moderator �s time!

Sorry to vent - I was just so frustrated about this.

Happy Tuesday everyone.
Libertybelle

7 Dec 2010      

magneto
Greece

Well, I �m not a moderator and I don �t know what happened, but I �ve got to say this:
Totally behind you, dear LB...Keep being the great person you are!Thumbs Up

7 Dec 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I second your words, there are many people engaged in the reporting thing and it seems they think the more they report, the more we�ll like them.

Reporting is not a prize you get after a hard search; it�s not something to give you pleasure either.

If you need some compensation, try a low-fat dessert; if you need some action, try rock�n�roll.

Many times I was asked to �get a life� but it seems � rude as it may be � there are some here who should follow their own advice.

If you have nothing to do and feel bored, sit in front of your computer and show your creativity and skills preparing a worksheet for your students and � if you�re willing to � share with us.

If you feel frustrated about your work or salary, try to find another job.

If your husband / wife / kids / dog  / don�t give you the attention you think you deserve, try  friendship. There are many supportive users who will be all ears and also like to share personal matters. If you look behind the worksheets and the posts on the forum, you�ll start meeting nice people and you�ll have real friends in no time.

Don�t try to make �friends� attacking the others or their work. We catch many more bees with honey than we do with vinegar.

�If you feel lonely, maybe you�re building walls instead of bridges.�

EDiT: "you" was used impersonally - I want to clarify before some stones are thrown.

7 Dec 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Just to make it clear - it is NOT the moderators I �m angry with - it �s the newer members and members  who should be using time on making good ws and not reporting any old worksheet. Often they don �t even know the rules.

The moderators are doing a great job.

7 Dec 2010     

yanogator
United States

Great advice, Zailda!

7 Dec 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi Linda,

I did not recognize the reporter �s name, I bet they meatn no harm. I am glad you ws is back.

7 Dec 2010     

Aninha Feliz
Brazil

It annoys me when people report worksheets just because. Also, some people have websites where they post their worksheets, so before reporting check it first, for Pete �s sake!

I reported someone once. Someone had the courage of stealing work from someone else from the site. -_- It was stolen, I checked.

Reporting for no reason? No. Just, no.

7 Dec 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

If we had a better information policy for reportees, people could be more relaxed about being reported, ain �t nothing to hide, ain �t nothing to lose.

How much time do you guys expect people to invest in this friggin moderating job? Police shoot if they feel threatened, simple as that, mistakes there are much worse..... I did .... nada ....when my "early man" ws got reported, I knew it happened out of revenge...so what!

Kudos, Linda, you came out here only after your ws had returned.

BTW, I wrote to an American who publishes coloring materials on the web just the day before your ws became availabe. I wanted to make a coloring activity and I would have included the fact that I have her persmission in the description of the ws. Maybe something like that could help to avoid misunderstandings and hard feelings.

Geez!

7 Dec 2010