Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Reported Worksheet    

Reported Worksheet

Amandina
Switzerland

Oh, well, shoot me guys! (talking about a reporting spree Smile). The worksheet about the past simple was an honest mistake. I was convinced that I made all of it myself. Anyway, I stand by the crossword puzzle as a great ESL activity!! And if the moderators don �t see it that way, so be it...
And a good night to you all!
Amandina

7 Dec 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

Dear Amandina!!!
Hope you �re doing well. As David said your worksheet contains some exercises  copied from the given  link  especially exercise 4 and 5 .
All what you have to do is to add your original task and re-upoladed it again  then am sure that you �ll get your points back. We are humans. No one is perfect. We do all make mistakes and the most important of it is to learn from them.
Wish you all the best of luck!!!

7 Dec 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Since we have been getting numerous questions about reported worksheets, it might be time to change the information policy regaring reported ws. People have to be informed clearly why something was reported and should nor be left hanging there.

I have been reported, numerous times, always for NO reason, whenever I repiled (I will leave the typo - Freudian slip, maybe) to the automated message that I received, nothing happened, now I know that the moderators that decide of something has to go or not do NOT get to see this message in which people might justify themselves or clarify.

Seeing the author�s name or avatar right next to the printable might help as well. No, I am not interested in witch hunts, I don�t report much anymore.

Many a time I jave spoken my mind about certain issues, many a time I have gone unheard.

Yes, Zailda, a drop of honey catches more flies than a gallon of gall, it ain �t difficult making friends by giving away free candy, however, those who stick with me through tough times are probably the ones attracted by the gall, hopefully ;o)

I am sorry, I have a business background, I am no idealist.

7 Dec 2010     

juliag
Japan

IMHO BB (Blunderbuster) is right, people should be given the reason why their worksheet was reported in the automated mail. I think it would bring relief and a degree of peace of mind to certain people and it would certainly make the forum a nicer and happier place.

However, I realize Victor is very busy and there are limitiations to what each of us can squeeze into a day so all in good time.

7 Dec 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@Regina: I don �t know about the others, but honesty and sincerity are "honey" to me, even if the truth hurts sometimes. I do appreciate your style.

Concerned about making friends as well, but not the ones who only expect nice words and encouragement from me. I �m not a robot and need to voice what goes on my mind, that �s not exactly what the "polite, nice and always-right" people are pleased to get in response for their numerous qualities. 

Sorry for the cliches, I �m preparing a ws on the topic for my students and have just realized I have gotten carried away... LOL

7 Dec 2010     

iskola
United Kingdom

Hi,
I do not know why your worksheet was reported.
I am hardly able to send any worksheet to this site either cos nearly all my worksheets end up being removed (without explanation) from this site. I feel very disappointed, especially cos there are lots of VERY poorly written work here. Sometimes I feel ashamed that I visit this website.
Probably your worksheet was too good.

7 Dec 2010     

sulekra
Australia

Wow Iskola,
There was so much bitterness in that comment I may have to go wash myself just in case some of it wiped off on meDead

If a sheet is reported there is no explanation (which I personally think should change), but when it is removed it comes with an explanation. The rules are easy to understand and follow if you take the time to read them. No one is forced to shame themselves by joining this shameful collective...

7 Dec 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

@Iskola
"lots of VERY poorly written work here"
I quite disagree. There are tons of great worksheets here. Only A FEW are not  downloaded - overlooked or considered useless. Those are deleted after a few weeks
and remember: What one may consider poor, the others may find interesting! (eg. worksheets for the smallest kids with few / no words)

If you happen to come across a poor worksheet, you should PM the author and give him/her some advice!

7 Dec 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Thank you, Zailda. Hug Actually I have been accused of the opposite, by some of the fakest people I have ever read (in reality I don �t hang around these people).

Iskola, I would never do anything I am sahamed of, but honestly, I think this site needs a better information policy.

I do appreciate everything that Victor does for this site, I assume he has been able to benefit from this site and "we" are helping him with his preparation for class. However, in stock market speak, he is no longer the only elephant in the jungle and if he wants to (if he really wants to and doesn �t get tired of me and the "others" sooner or later) keep this site a place worth visiting, a place where professionals exchange information, he will have to make some major adjustments, probably regaring quantity and quality, and I think these adjustments would be for the better.

7 Dec 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

agree... there are four  things a would improve in this great site which i am more than proud to be part of....one   when a ws is reported .. give the reason along with te link if it is a copy so that the member see for him/herself... two... remove the ws that are not downloaded. three if a member do not upload in a certain amount of time take away the priviledge to get free ws (30 points is easy to get and then some do not share and became leeches of others effort), four be able to report ws with spelling mistakes... as soon as the member fix the mistakes s/he can upload the ws again so no harm done.  my two cents.   

7 Dec 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >