Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > 30 points: that magic number    

30 points: that magic number

thuy86
Korea, South

I think it �s a good idea to also have a limit on the length for �premium � members such as David says. It would encourage us to at least upload something more. Of course, if you did not upload on the �time frame � to receive points, you can �t download anymore for �penalty � until you do so. This place is great! Let �s try to keep it up!

8 Dec 2010     

Mariethe House
France

PHILIPR Thumbs Up
Let everyone download what they want without needing points and Bob �s your uncle!( I didn �t know this expression! )

I have always agreed with that! Thank you!Smile

8 Dec 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Yes, David,

this is much better idea than I read yesterday from Liz. She wanted to cancel membership if people won �t upload for some time. But this is something anyone could manage. And we could get rid off all those who has registered and never uploaded a single thing when they found out it �s about sharing here.

Great idea. Thumbs Up

8 Dec 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I don �t think that the lost of the point privilege would be fair. not always people collaborate posting new worksheets. I havn �t posted worksheets myself for some time now ( multiple reasons, one of them : the copyright rules, I never know if a picture has a copyright, and at the moment I only give French lessons) but I always help people if they need me. I have sent my worksheets or my lists to anyone who needs them. Many other members act the same way and take their privilege away doesn �t seem right.

8 Dec 2010     

tancredo
Portugal

I see things here exactly as PhilipR and Mariethe do.

Why being so eager about our worksheets? Those who are shouldn �t even publish them here. Sell them to an editor , keep them for yourselves, show them in public places so that everyone can see how good you are!

For me, this is a place for sharing/offering our work and reflecting about the way we teach English. I �ve been teaching English for about 30 years now and I �ve learnt so much from lots of you, here! I�ve downloaded lots of fantastic worksheets I would have never been able to create. Many of you have helped me in many ways and I thank you ALL for that.
This is what I would like this place to be - SHARING. Many people download 30 worksheets every day and they give nothing to the site? Glad we can help them!  There are so many others who are so great contributors!If you feel like giving, you give. If you don �t, don �t!

Of course there are those who always take advantage of situations and many people do it here. That is really sad. But there are so many generous people here, too!

My big THANK YOU specially to VICTOR. He must be a great human being to keep things under a certain control and always with a very good attitude.
Hurray for him!

8 Dec 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

philip you should practice your reading comprehension and read my post again. i never say that we will make money, i was refering to  the ones who stole them and have sold them. like katiana �s and many others.

mj i am sorry if you didnt like my idea. i haven �t upload in maybe a month because now i dont have as much time as before. but i never say to cancel the account or lose points. i said.. to lose the 30 ws a day priviledge, and sorry but i still think that people who would not share in some time should be ban from using others work for free (talking about 30 free, since this is a sharing site and they are not sharing.) i would be more than fair to give 3-6 month to at least post 2 ws or so.

s.lefevre maybe you help in other ways, but you are among the few that does that. there are 400000 or so members and not all of them upload once they get the 30 free or share in other ways. i would put my hands in the fire and not get burn if i say that maybe less than 50 do as you.  

8 Dec 2010     

Errie
Japan

@Tancredo

If you feel like giving, you give. If you feel you don �t, don �t

ClapClap

If you don �t want your ws to be shared then this website might be the wrong place to go to. A lot of printables from here and I say it again...a lot of �em can be found on the net elsewhere. People upload a few ws at the same time onto mediafire etc and put the download link in their blog, on a forum or elsewhere. There �s nothing you can do about it. This is how it goes and it will continue forever.

@lizsantiago:
I also belong to those 50...Smile

9 Dec 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

The system of points, the Premium membership, the need of uploading to be able to download, the forum and even the fights are some of the reasons that make ESL printables so special. There are zillions of sites that offer worksheets for free, and if I were allowed to download anything I wanted since the very beginning I would never try to upload something here.

The site has been doing pretty well the way it is and IMHO it should continue in the same way. Some adjustments may be necessary from time to time (and that�s David�s suggestion), and Victor is always open to discuss them with us.

In the past I would agree with Tancredo and even thought the members who used to fight because their worksheets were copied were selfish or something. Not anymore. After registering here I started paying attention to copyrighted laws and learned that since we create something � a painting, a song, a worksheet? � it can be shared or given, but like our children it�ll never be anyone else but ours. Denying this only right we ask for hard work is unfair, illegal and immoral. It�s a crime indeed.

If things will belong to no one in the future I don�t know. I don�t have the skill Philip seem to have of foreseeing things. I deal with the present and in the present, the idea of �giving� simply is too much for me. Of course I want to share, but sharing implies giving and receiving in return. Simple math: as our points system. I agree it needs some adjustment and more than half of the registered members do nothing, and sometimes show up on the forum � and since they have nothing to lose � openly defy the site rules and the moral rules of decency or politeness. I wouldn�t like to know they get anything more from the site besides the tips on the forum.

And I risk saying more: when I registered I agreed that I�d receive one point for download and that I�d �pay� for every worksheet uploaded by others with one of my points. And so do the other 400,000, so the game has to continue with the same main idea. As we say in Brazil, we can�t change the rules in the middle of the game. Some adjustments sound OK for me; changing everything is not.

Have a nice day / evening!

9 Dec 2010     

< Previous   1    2