Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > using photos from a website of certain brand    

using photos from a website of certain brand

rolanna
Poland

using photos from a website of certain brand

hi,
I was thinking of creating a Victoria �s Secret underwear pictionary and some exercises to that as well. Can I use the photos they have on the site (of course I �d include the brand name and the source)? or is that illegal?

11 Dec 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

I don �t want to sound rude, but could you tell me who would need a pictionary with pictures of underwear? I teach teenagers, but even if I taught adults I would not use that type of pictures... but maybe i �m missing something, so enlighten me please ;)

11 Dec 2010     

elprofe55
Argentina

I don �t think it �s illegal!

BTW, I ♥ the Victoria �s Secret Fashion Show! Wink

Try this Amazing- Seal

11 Dec 2010     

rolanna
Poland

ELOJOLIE274 -> IT �S NOT MAYBE A PICTIONARY AS A GAME BUT MORE OF A DICTIONARY.. I WAS ASKED BY AN ADULT FEMALE STUDENT TO PREPARE THAT - FOR EG TO SHOW HOW DIFFERENT PANTY STYLES ARE CALLED (HIPHUGGERS, BOYSHORTS ETC) AND THEY HAVE OT EXPLAINED WELL ON THEIR SITE SO THOUGHT I COULD USE THE PICTURES AS WELL. DO YOU THINK THEY �RE TOO REVEALING? (ALTHOUGH IT �S HARD FOR UNDERWEAR NOT TO BE)

11 Dec 2010     

pilarmham
Spain

I don �t know about its legality, but really... what is the problem with underwear?

12 Dec 2010     

chrissmolder
Australia

Rolanna, you know your students.

I admit your post made me chuckle, though  LOL

12 Dec 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

oh I see! then it explains every thing!!! it �s true that all those different types of underwear can be annoying! it was the pictionary word that confused me because I couldn �t see how you could create a game out of pictures of underwear... and as I said, I didn �t want to be rude, I just wanted to know a bit more... SO NO NEED TO SHOUT, OKAY???? Wink
have a great week-end!

12 Dec 2010     

rolanna
Poland

the caps lock was not intended :)
as for those who don �t understand: there are so many specific words for underwear and nightwear that it �s not always obvious to ESL learners how those things should be called in English. Laugh all you want but words such as garters, girdle, babydoll and such are not as common yet they exist and some students would like to get to know them and I �m very proud that they want to know such detailed vocab!

chrissmolder -> yes, I know my students but is one thing preparing a worksheet for them, another - posting it here with a brand name. And that was my only concern, not if I should create the worksheet alone.

12 Dec 2010