Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Beating the students!!!    

Beating the students!!!

memthefirst
Turkey

Beating the students!!!

Parents are always beating the students.Finally they are all afraid of adults.They are afraid of participating the activities.What is the solution?

7 Dec 2008      

eng789
Israel

What,  do you really mean that parents hit their kids?  Here, as a teacher, I am supposed to report  to the principal if I think a kid�s parents are hitting him.  It�s really serious and the kid can be taken away from his parents.

If you really have cases like that,  you have to win them over to you with love.  Give them positive reinforcement.
English is less important than the physical and well being of kids.

Play games and give them a warm friendly environment and they will start warming up to you and start participating.  

I don�t want to insult you but that picture is pretty scary.  If that is what you look like then maybe you should go for a friendlier less scary look.

Please take this as positive/ building criticism and don�t be offended. 

7 Dec 2008     

Rabinoshka
Russian Federation

I think something should be done with the parents, and not the students! Aren�t there any laws in your country that protect children from parents� cruelty?

7 Dec 2008     

memthefirst
Turkey

Our laws seperate the children and parents.but it�s no solution.do you think so?

7 Dec 2008