Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > games for upper-intermediate students    

games for upper-intermediate students

veljaca82
Australia

games for upper-intermediate students

Hi, fellow-teachers! It �s me againEmbarrassed and I need your help.
This Saturday I �m having final classes in this semester with my upper-immediate students (16-and17-years old) and I need a game or something like a game, something interesting for them to have some fun. Have you got any ideas? Please, share them. I would be really grateful to you.

Greetings from snowy and cold Sarajevo!

Snjezana

12 Dec 2010      

LittleSunshine11
Germany

Dear veljaca,

why don �t you try my "Murderous Dinner Party"
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=432225#thetop

or the "Dark Stories"
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=425893#thetop

both are suitable for upper-intermediate students and will engage them in talking for a long time. My students love both of these speaking activities.

Have fun!!!!!!! Heart

12 Dec 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Thanks a lot, Kathleen, I liked them very much and will definitely use them - sometime next year, though, classes are over here!!  ;-)

12 Dec 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I have a good game that is lots of fun and it is a good review for the students. 
I put in several subjects into different envelopes of things they have learned during the session, such as vocabulary, tenses, take a chance, make a question, correct the error etc. 
The class is divided into two teams and each student of each team gets to choose a subject.  If they answer correctly they get a point, if the opposing team thinks it is not correct they have the right to challenge.  Take a chance is fun because you put in comic things they have to do.  If you would like a copy let me know and I will send you a copy.

12 Dec 2010     

thankyouall
Morocco

hi miz.
if you dn �t mind i can send you a whole attachment with games you can implement in different lessons.in fact my university monograph was on implementing games in the english class.confirm by mailing me at:[email protected]

12 Dec 2010