Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Good News, Bad News    

Good News, Bad News

edrodmedina
United States

Good News, Bad News

Hello all... The good news is that I got a new HP printer with ink for $29. That bad news is that black replacement ink is $13 and color ink is $18. It would be cheaper to buy a whole new printer!!! Hey BTW hs anyone heard from Les. He hasn �t been around lately.

13 Dec 2010      

mariannina
Italy

Ed my printer,too, has expensive inks! Unhappy
I was about to ask of Less, where is he?
Les where are you? I missed you, come back, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!
Hug

13 Dec 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

Do you have a place that does refills?

When I lived in the UK I just got my ink cartridges refilled. Cost about 1/3 or less of the price of new ones.

Here in Sweden I don �t buy the brand name ink... I buy a "no name compatible ink", (from a shop) that costs around 1/2 of what it is to buy the brand name product.

The big name printer people always say " always buy ONLY the brand name inks bla bla bla".... but I have had a printer for YEARS and have never ever had any problems buying compatible inks from retailers or refilling the cartridges.

:-)

13 Dec 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

I have used this company to buy my "expensive" HP cartridges for my HP990 printers. The best company I know of.

Edit: have you tried re-inking your own cartridges? I do it all the time; messy and time consuming but saves me a lot of money as I do plenty of printing.

13 Dec 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

The cheaper the printer, the more expensive the ink...

Some manufacturers are virtually giving printers away for free and counting on users spending lots on ink afterwards.

You really should try compatible ink or refill cartridges.

13 Dec 2010     

youness
Jordan

The same thing here in Jordan it is easy to buy the items but diffecult to buy its part . I think this is the policy of all manufacturers.

13 Dec 2010     

carinita
Argentina

I have an HP F4480 I tried 60 XL cartridges and they really last longer (3 times more) The black cartridge is 40U$s
New kind of petrol = printer ink? http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1598709.aspx

13 Dec 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

Somebody told me that printers are loss-makers, the printer companies make their money on the cartridges. 

13 Dec 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

Wow David! I just checked out your link! I am going to get my next lot of ink with them too!
THANKS!

13 Dec 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I changed printers because I was paying $50 each time for a new ribbon.   I guess I must have had a cheap printer.

13 Dec 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I found out that if you buy a cheaper printer - it ends up being the most expensive in the end.
(just as you pointed out with the price of ink - for example)
I bought a BROTHER printer B/W and never looked back!
It �s a bit expensive but I only change the ink cartridges once every year and a half - and I print out lots of papers!

13 Dec 2010     

1    2    Next >