Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Panpals from JAPAN wanted    

Panpals from JAPAN wanted

orhanmazman
Turkey

Panpals from JAPAN wanted

(Since there have been some misunderstandings, I have to edit the previous message. I could not look at the replies so I failed to clear that misunderstanding. I DO NOT WANT TO SOUND LIKE A RACIST. Sorry for that. I DO LOVE ALL PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, WITH NO PREJUDICE)

Hi dear colleagues from Japan,

We are from Turkey and would like to have penpals from Japan. I have about 20 language class students (aged between 15-19) and I would like my students to correspond with new friends from Japan.

I think writing snail mails is a better way of communicating as I do think they snail mails feel a bit more intimate than electronic mails. And they do look as if they have made a long journey when when arrive. E-mails lack this fact.

So if you are interested (my dear Japanese colleagues), I could write a list of my students as boys and girls and then your students choose among them and write the very first letters. I will send you the address to our school in Tokat, Turkey.

Hope to hear from Japanese teachers soon.

Yours sincerely.

16 Dec 2010      

manonski (f)
Canada

As I think Japanese people are ,I believe, more friendly and loyal,

For your info, you �ll find loyal and friendly people in all parts of the world. I have nothing against Japanese, I just think that you are not fair. Just remember that when you are pointing the finger at others, three more are pointing towards you...

16 Dec 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

TXTXTXTXTX

Never ending lack of friendly relationship. How can people start one from such a ground,ground basis?

How I miss my dear Turkish friends who were always available to start any new kind of relationship....

Thanks, Manon, always there, always right and steady

Hugs, friends

Linda

@ orhanmazman
I �m not suitable, I �m not Japanese.

But I am loyal and trustful, may you believe it or not.

Have you already, by the way, proved how trustful you manage to be.
Hope you do

Take care
Linda
BTW, just in time -penpals

16 Dec 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

orhanmazman :  Thumbs Down  You are too judgemental ...  perhaps that �s why noone has answered more than twice ...

16 Dec 2010     

alien boy
Japan

Rather than worrying about what I (optimistically) take to be a very badly worded explanation, why don �t we offer something to either prove that Japanese aren �t the only �loyal & friendly � people around or see if anyone can actually make an offer of penpals from Japan...

Can you provide a little more information please? How many students do you have? How old are they? How long have they been learning English?

This may help one of the wonderful teachers (with their equally wonderful students) fulfill your desire for getting some loyal & friendly pendriends!

Cheers,
AB

16 Dec 2010     

christybridgeman
Japan

I think as a language teacher, you should be more open minded and less prone to stereotyping...

Oops, there I go stereotyping.. I just assume language teachers are open minded! My bad.

Sure sucks that you would judge an entire country�s population as being unloyal due to encounters with just one or two teachers from that country!  

16 Dec 2010     

Apodo
Australia

@orhanmazman
Goodness! You have stirred up a hornet �s nest.

I �m sorry to hear you have had bad luck with students � penpals in the past................but in hindsight, it probably would have been better to just ask for penpals from Japan- no need to give a reason.........it would just be assumed that your students are learning about, or that they have a special interest in Japan.

You can �t judge all students from all other countries because of a few lazy letter writers. 8-)

16 Dec 2010     

DTCF
Turkey

DEAR FRIEND
 I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT YOU HAD BETTER DELETE YOUR MESSAGE.  I THINK
 WE , TEACHERS OF ENGLISH,  SHOULD BE MORE UNIVERSAL  AND MORE OPEN MINDED.
 YOUR MESSAGE MIGHT  BE MISUNDERSTOOD BY MANY.
  � �GENERALIZING � � HAS ALWAYS BEEN A MISLEADING APPROACH IN ALL ASPECTS.

THERE ARE MORE THAN ONE WAY TO SKIN A CAT!!! 

YOU COULD HAVE SAID:  � �we are looking for penpals from all over the world (preferably Japanese) .  IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE ACCEPTABLE. 
                                                  Am I wrong?

WISHING YOU EVERY SUCCESS WITH YOUR WORK!

16 Dec 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

What �s that noise? Can you hear it? Sounds to me awfully like a chain being yanked.... ; )

16 Dec 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

And there are tactful people and not so tactful people all around the world. But I guess we all make sweeping generalisations now and again.

Anyway, my dear, if I just may offer some advice, "Know your audience"

16 Dec 2010     

Stellam
Argentina

Well, nobody can deny that this time Mr Orhanmazman managed to get many replies ...

16 Dec 2010     

1    2    Next >