Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Lesson about London    

Lesson about London

alisadedic
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Lesson about London

Hello everybody,
I need your help. I have to make a lesson about London for my 7 graders. However, it has to be something unusual and different from everyday lessons. My principal and other teachers from my school want to come to see that lesson. I use Project 3 - third edition coursebook.
The idea is to view a video about London. However, i  have to include group work, pair work....
So, this is where I need your help. I need ideas how to do this. Any idea is welcomed. Please help.

Thanks, in advance

Alisa

18 Dec 2010      

pamverv
Canada

teach directions with the underground map!!!

Teach the different sightseeings and ask them to look at one picture and describe it to their friends the other person has to ask questions... using question words when where how how much ....
hope this help!

18 Dec 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

There is an episode of Paddington Bear at a waxworks museum (Mr Gruber takes Paddington out on a "mystery journey", which turns out to be a trip to the waxworks museum. Paddington tries to buy some souvenirs, but the lady at the souvenir is made of wax. At this point, the chocolate bar Mr. Gruber gave paddington earlier starts to melt, so he decided to store the bar in a nearby ticket box for safekeeping. Paddington is startled as the ticket taker asks him what he was doing, since Paddington had mistaken him for a waxwork statue. Paddington hurries away before he can get into trouble, and finds more waxworks statues. He hears a tour coming, and with no place to hide, decides to try to blend in with some of the waxworks statues of Oliver Cromwell about to join the Ironsides. The tour group sees Paddington mixed in with the setting and begins to complain. Paddington�s nose starts to itch, and he is unable to remain still. As he leaves, he explains he is not Oliver Cromwell about to join the Ironsides, but instead Paddington bear about to feed his insides! Later, as Mr. Gruber and Paddington are talking about the days events, Paddington decides he will use the newspaper clipping of the event as a souvenir. From:)

....other than that, maybe some of my London resouces can inspire you.

Why don �t you let your students make their own crossword?

18 Dec 2010     

puddyd
Oman

Put them into groups and give each group a place of interest [one copy only] and a map for each group and a piece of blank paper with lines on so they can make their own notes. Let them read the info together , discuss it and make their own bullet point type notes or a quick mind map -each must prepare  their own version , because after about 15mins you must regroup them again ,  so that each group now has one person from each previous group. In effect if you have 5 groups with 5 places of interests , when you regroup you �ll now have i person from each group now in one group and they then teach each other about their place that they �studied �in their previous group.
They �ll come away having learnt about  five places of interest in a fun , student centered way. You can consolidate it with a quiz / board rush , where you either write the names/answers randomly on the board and they must run up and rub it out , or you can print them and stick them on with tack and they must run and grab the answer, or you choose your own way to consolidate and check that they �ve actually taken in some new info and not just had fun.
I hope it �s clear and helpful.
Good luck
Andrea ;o)

18 Dec 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Have you seen this?
Have a look at this there are two attachments to download.
Here �s a clip about the tube.
This might be interesting too.
An interesting link.
Sophia

18 Dec 2010     

alisadedic
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Thanks to all of you for your ideas. When I make my lesson plan I �ll put it in here so you can see and eventually use it.

18 Dec 2010