Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD for Christmas Day December 25, 2010    

WOD for Christmas Day December 25, 2010

edrodmedina
United States

WOD for Christmas Day December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to all!!!! I �ve been chosen the winner of the WOD and this being Christmas eve (on the east coat of the States)I didn �t get the message until kinda late so I will post a word for Christmas day. I hope that everyone is enjoying the holiday and I will light a candle for those of our loved ones that can�t be with us at this time.

The new WOD is cachinnation. I hope that everyone on this great site has an opportunity to.... well I don�t want to give  a hint as to the meaning. Remember no dictionary meanings and no googling Use your imagination and let it soar like Santa�s sleigh. Give us your best made up daffynition of cachinnation. And to all a good night.

25 Dec 2010      

Apodo
Australia

2pm here - just finished Christmas lunch.

cachinnation is the act of hiding something precious in a secret cache, such as the last 3 rumballs left after lunch.   ;-)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

25 Dec 2010     

chud
Israel

Cachinnation is a process of looking  (catch) for a cheap (ch) hotel (inn).

"In Paris after a long cachinnation we finally found what we �d been looking for." There is also a proverb: "If you �re out of cash, you have to cachinnate a lot". 

MERRY AND UNFORGETABLE XMAS!

25 Dec 2010     

libertybelle
United States

cachinnation is the national reserve each country has saved up for a rainy day!
cash - in - nation

25 Dec 2010     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

Cachinnation is the fact that somebody  has been caught red handed.

Yolanda

25 Dec 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

It �s a fisherman �s tale about what he �s caught - always leaves something to be desired, not quite what he says it is (hence the missing t in catchination)- you know how they always say the fish was this big and that long...

25 Dec 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

Ok, here goes, hope you all bear with me! LOL!!! Just feel like being goofy today!

Cachinnation - in Spanish, you say someone is "cochino" either when he is a dirty, unclean person, or when he �s dirty as in horny (sorry about that!) so, I �d say after all the party and wine, someone can just give in to the CACHINNATION!!!!

LOL

25 Dec 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Cachinnation -
Ca - short for Canada
Chin - what is under mouth and close to your neck
nation - a group of people who share a culture and a language

A cachinnation is a chin salute that Canadians give one another after watching this commercial and drinking a couple of beers.

25 Dec 2010