Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > STOLEN MESSAGE    

STOLEN MESSAGE

marcia chaves
Brazil

STOLEN MESSAGE

8 Dec 2008      

colorblind
Hungary

What are you talking about?! I dont understand what the hell is going on?

8 Dec 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

COLORBLIND

PLEASE  KEEP THE GOOD TONE OF THE FORUM AND REFRAIN YOURSELF FROM SWEARING  !!!!!!

Thumbs Down

8 Dec 2008     

libertybelle
United States

What is going on, Colorblind, is that you downloaded a worksheet by amswh
(see here)
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=144473#thetop

Even though many before you put warning messages about this
worksheet being stolen fra Vanda.
The messages were right above (and now below) yours.

This site is for original materials, not stolen materials.
Most of us here happen to recognize Vanda�s work.

hope this helps.
L

8 Dec 2008     

peterjone
Canada

How do I get people to download my worksheets?

8 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

I got a similar message from lilytech a few days ago, well less than 5 I guess as its still in my message box.
People need to learn that its not cool to copy and blatantly steal work and pass it off as their own.
I have noticed Simour also has copied straight from the website here is the original website page http://iteslj.org/questions/food.html
I know this because I was on that website yesterday preparing some conversation stuff for a course I am planning.
but there are others EVERY SINGLE DAY. The ONLY way we can beat this is to report the sheet and user to victor using the report button. If enough of us do this then we can beat the cheaters, stealers and liars.
We NEED to make it clear to our fellow members that cheating is not ok. If you want free stuff there are loads of sites out there. Go and use those ones. I strongly believe if you can�t live with the basic ethos of this site which is sharing original resources, then you don�t belong here.

8 Dec 2008     

silvanija
Lithuania

Hello. It�s so noisy here today.Smile  I think it would be good to put a STOLEN MESSAGE beside the name of the ws. It took me some time to get used to look at the comments before downloading. I think new members do not know who Vanda  is and do not recognize her ws yet and may be they are not used to reading replies. So it would be really useful.

8 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Dear marcia chaves,

Although you may be right in your post, I think that we shouldn�t post any private message on the forum, at least, we  shouldn�t mention the name of the writer. Private messenger is just that "private". If that person wanted to make it public, she/he would post it on the forum, wouldn�t she/he?

8 Dec 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

In response to Peterjone - there is only one thing you should do to get people to download your worksheets, that is produce good quality worksheets that are original and attractive and out of the nearly 100,000 members there are to this site, then a number will download your worksheet.

Please do not think me too critical, but I have looked at your worksheets and one is for Chinese students, another is all about Canada and the third is such a general topic that others have produced this kind of worksheet many times before.  So, try to be original and creative.  Use the few points you have to download instructional worksheets by Frenchfrog and Ichacantero who have some incredible instructions how to make your worksheets more attractive.

8 Dec 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

Hi damielle,
Although I agree with you in principle, private matters should be dealt with in the private messenger, I believe that marcia chavez has the right to complain about getting nasty messages. If a person is unkind to you, why shouldn�t mention it on the forum? Why should we put up with it?
Isn�t it one of main ideas of the site to share and to help each other in a cordial way?

8 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Tisha,

You are right and I completely agree That marcia has  the right to complain on the forum about that person behavior. What�s more, I consider that we can talk about anything we like as far as we keep good manners.

What I mean, is that  she can�t make the message public. I mean, she can refer to it but not copy and paste it on the forum. As far as I know, it�s against the Internet rules.  Can you see what I mean?

8 Dec 2008     

1    2    Next >