Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A request for French and German colleagues    

A request for French and German colleagues

CFM.maestro.ingles
Spain

A request for French and German colleagues

Dear friends,

I �m sorry this is not strictly an ESL request for help -I �m not quite sure if I �m violating any rule of the website-, but I happen to be also a French and German teacher. I �m looking for colour-by-numbers exercises in these two languages, so could you please tell me how to say "colour-by-numbers" both in French and German so I can search for them in the Internet?

Thank you very much in advance for the help and sorry again!

P.S. And a very happy new year for you all in this wonderful community!

30 Dec 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

"Malen-nach-Zahlen" ;o)

30 Dec 2010     

CFM.maestro.ingles
Spain

Danke sch�n!

30 Dec 2010     

swissprof
Switzerland

COLORIER  DES  CHIFFRES !

Nicole

30 Dec 2010     

dagn
France

i don �t agree with nicole / swissprof... sorry! what you mean by "colour-by-numbers exercises" is there is a drawing and the pupils must colour the drawing (not the numbers) according to a colour code (2 = pink for example). so i would rather say "colorie selon le code couleur indiqu�".
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

30 Dec 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Had a look at my grand daughter �s colouring book and it simply says: colorie par num�ro

1. marron
2.vert  etc...

but there is not only one way of saying it!French people have to be complicated!Smile

30 Dec 2010     

swissprof
Switzerland

"colorie selon le code couleur indiqu�"  Sorry , nobod will say  this, especially if it is supposed to be for children  !
Colorie selon la couleur indiqu�e !

30 Dec 2010     

CFM.maestro.ingles
Spain

Merci beaucoup, Nicole/swissprof, dagn et Mariethe House !

By the way, the kind of exercise I meant is the one indicated by dagn -i.e. colour a picture following a colour code, so I think "Colorie selon la couleur indiqu�e" must be an appropriate answer.

In any case, if there are several ways of refering to this kind of exercise in French, as Mariethe House says, the same happens in Spanish: "Colorea seg�n el n�mero", "Sigue el c�digo de colores" and things like that.

30 Dec 2010     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Did you hear about the Teacher, (I don �t know which nationality he was), who took a Master �s Degree in Art and Mathematics?

Now, he can Paint by Numbers!

Les

30 Dec 2010     

Mariethe House
France

LOL  les!!

to maestro:

http://www.google.fr/search?q=colorier+par+numero&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&client=firefox-a

30 Dec 2010     

CFM.maestro.ingles
Spain

Les, I think "Paint by Numbers" has to do with the "teach yourself" courses for adults who want to learn painting as a hobby, whereas "Colour by Numbers" refers to the activity/pastime for young children. Please correct me if I wrong.

(And this has become an ESL thread after all! Excellent!)

30 Dec 2010     

1    2    Next >