Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New year - new project?    

New year - new project?

baiba
Latvia

New year - new project?

Hi everyone,

The holidays are not over yet but I am already thinking about work.

What I have in mind is a bilateral Comenius project (2 schools involved). This kind of projects lasts 2 years and the main activity is an exchange of student groups who stay in the partner country for 2 weeks, live in the families, attend lessons, make friends and learn the language. Of course there are also tasks and activities to be done in the meantime, and a teacher exchange is also possible.

Usually everyone is scared of learning a new language like Latvian (which cannot be used outside this country) but if you (i.e. your students!) perceive it as fun, it is really exciting and not at all hard. Think of the experience and a sense of adventure!

I �d like to set up this project with a school which is not very large and is not situated in the capital city but preferably a small town. Students� age is 17 (next school year).

Deadline for the applications is 21 February, so if you are interested, send me a PM soon.

P.S. I have a rather big experience of Comenius projects.

1 Jan 2011      

youness
Jordan

hi

thank you for your great suggestion to do that. Is it possible to do that with schools outside your country ?I f yes, it will be my pleasure to communicate with you as soon as possible. If no, I will appreciate your help to implement this idea here in my country ( Jordan ).

Thanks in advance.
Youness Khataybeh.

1 Jan 2011     

baiba
Latvia

Oh I am so sorry Youness but this project is possible only for schools which are in the Comenius network, i.e. European schools.
It would be extremely interesting for me to do a project with a school in Jordan but "Comenius" gives us money and without it such projects are not possible. Disapprove

1 Jan 2011     

youness
Jordan

Thank you for your immediate response.

Wish you best of luck

Keep in touch

I have written my e-mail . I will be happy if you keep in touch with me.

1 Jan 2011     

tinutza_77
Romania

I am interested in your project suggestion.I �m a high school teacher and I was involved in a Comenius project 2 years ago.It was WONDERFUL.It would be great to start a new one if possible.Thanks.

2 Jan 2011     

baiba
Latvia

Thanks for replying tinutza! Sent you a PM.

2 Jan 2011     

nhlrhn
Turkey

Hi dear colleague,
We have a ready project about local agriculture, environment and festivals and we are Poland,Romania and Turkey.

If you are interested, please PM me for further information.

Regards.

16 Jan 2011