Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > images from an esl book    

images from an esl book

ELOJOLIE274
France

images from an esl book

hello,
i �ve prepared an activity for my pupils using images from a French ESL book. I �ve read the rules again, and if i �m correct i �m not allowed to upload it here - even if I �ve added my own exercices, included the key... but I still want to share it with you - totally free of charge of course!

it �s a cartoon called "a mind to murder", you have several tasks to do (describe the pictures, match the paragraphs with the right pictures...), a small "grammar corner" about the preterit/simple past, and other questions to train your pupils to better understand texts they read!
it �s designed for intermediate learners (A2 -> B1)

So if you �re interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?fo7euwb0jbirb (link updated at 8pm - one document is partly in French, the other one is only in English - or so I hope...)

Elodie

2 Jan 2011      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

ESL stands for "English as a Second Language". French has nothing to do with ESL, and I can �t see anything against FSL books. Unless Victor wants to add that prohibition among his rules (or someone wants to do it in his place) I don �t see why you can �t upload. Of course if the cartoon is copyrighted (see if its use is allowed for classroom) it is infringing the rules - but people has to prove it when reporting.

I understand that we should protect everyone �s copyright - not only ESL printables or ESL books - but the reporting thing also should rely on the site rules, not on the person �s beliefs (that might differ from the site rules sometimes).

2 Jan 2011     

class centre
Belarus

Dear Elodie! Thanks a lot for your  friendliness! Your post is of great use for me. As soon as the new term starts, I �ll use it at my lesson with the bigger sts. They �ll definitely love it.
happy New Year and good luck!

2 Jan 2011     

flo2106
France

Dear Elodie,

Very interesting and useful work. Thanks a lot !

Happy new year to you !

Florence

2 Jan 2011     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
thank you for your comments!
Zailda, I scanned the images - and text - in an ESL book, published by French editors (that �s why I said "French ESL book"...) - but I suppose they are copyrighted... that �s why I didn �t want to publish it - and I don �t need the points anyway, I have too many already... In the rules there is that sentence "Please, don �t use pictures taken from other ESL websites or books, even if you add your own exercises." that �s why I chose to share my document on the forum rather than upload it... but since you are a moderator, if you think I should upload it, maybe I will... I just didn �t want anyone to report my work...
have a nice sunday!
Elodie

2 Jan 2011     

macomabi
Portugal

2 Jan 2011     

casabanglais
France

Thank you very much for this great worksheet
Happy New Year
Casabanglais

2 Jan 2011     

baiba
Latvia

A pity it �s partly in French but thanks for this kind offer anyway!

2 Jan 2011     

ELOJOLIE274
France

oups sorry!
Baiba thanks for telling me! i �ve updating the file ;)
here is the new link: http://www.mediafire.com/?fo7euwb0jbirb

2 Jan 2011     

magneto
Greece

Thank you for your generosity, dear ElodieHug

Have a happy new year, full of health, love and joy!

2 Jan 2011     

Bare
Croatia

Merci Elodie Heart

Hug

2 Jan 2011     

1    2    Next >