Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD forTuesday January 4, 2011    

WOD forTuesday January 4, 2011

Sandra Amado
Portugal

Hello again.
MarionG �s reply to Ed got me worried. I �m new here - I registered 2 days ago. I know dippoldism is no laughing matter, but I assumed, when I read the other replies, that we were supposed to deconstruct the word and play with it, linguistically speaking. Now I feel bad for playing with such a serious matter. Did I misunderstand de purpose of the challenge?Confused

4 Jan 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

@sandra...yes the point is to deconstruct the word...Maybe a poor choice of a word..But it exists and I thought we could make lemonade from a lemon. I apologize if the word has upset anyone.

Edit. Whoa...I looked up the word again ...and the definition I got this time is not waht I got when I first looked up weird words....My apologies to everyone....I am extremely embarassed

4 Jan 2011     

imanito
Morocco

Smile very funny Ed
well, this one is tough...I have never seen this word before but here is my daffynition.

Once upon a time, there was a kingdom called "Perfectopia". People were smart and beautiful and young. Anyone who was idiot and old was sentenced to dippoldism (drowning)

Dip (plunge) dippo (stupid) old (old) ism (suffix for an act or practice)

4 Jan 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

@sandra...yes the point is to deconstruct the word...Maybe a poor choice of a word..But it exists and I thought we could make lemonade from a lemon. I apologize if the word has upset anyone.

Edit. Whoa...I looked up the word again ...and the definition I got this time is not what I got when I first looked up weird words....My apologies to everyone....I am extremely embarassed

4 Jan 2011     

< Previous   1    2