Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD inappropriate    

WOD inappropriate

edrodmedina
United States

WOD inappropriate

Colleagues... I inadvertently chose a very inappropriate word for the WOD.... At the site I sometimes choose my words from, the definition was different from what other members of this site found... I am truly embarrassed and sorry that I didn �t research the word further. I �m not sure what to do at this point. This is the site I got the word from :  http://users.tinyonline.co.uk/gswithenbank/unuwords.htm

As you can see the word while not exactly tame is not as awful as when you Google it. Again my sincerest apologies to all. Ed

4 Jan 2011      

anitarobi
Croatia

Oh Ed, we live and earn, right? I �m sure nobody will think badly of you - we �re all human and make mistakes. You �ve just shown you �re a great man by admitting your mistake and apologizing. Enough of my unasked-for patronising... As far as I �m concerned, go ahead, give us a new word and let �s have fun again!
(PS: my link doesn�t work, but perhaps all for the better)

4 Jan 2011     

imanito
Morocco

OMG Shocked I have just checked the word ....it �s really sad Unhappy
well, I think Ed we should stop defining this word and pay respect to the many children who experienced such an ordeal (both who survived and who couldn �t)

I just can �t understand how some people can be so sick and do such things ...it �s just beyond me (check the meaning here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dippoldism)

and Ed please don�t feel bad, first you didn�t know (I didn�t know either) and second because you made us aware of a very serious problem and it�s a very good thing dear Ed and I personally thank you for that Smile

I wish you all you and your children and familes a very peaceful and happy life and may Allah/God make you meet good people who would respect you and treat you right.

Imane

4 Jan 2011     

Mariethe House
France

We know what a nice and generous man you are ED! I doubt anyone will think bad of you!

Just start another word for tomorrow ! Smile

4 Jan 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Thanks friends for being understanding. Ed

4 Jan 2011     

Sandra Amado
Portugal

Don �t worry Ed. It �s no big deal!

And I �ve learned a new word because of you. 

Will there be a new one tomorrow? Bring it on!Cool

4 Jan 2011     

douglas
United States

Stuff happens Ed, I don �t think anyone here would think you did it on purpose.  Very cool of you to let us know about it and your feelings.

Start a new word and let �s move on.
(Today was one of those days where I didn �t look up the meaning--didn �t really have time.)
Douglas

4 Jan 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Thanks Douglas. Ed

5 Jan 2011