Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Is this obejective behaviour correct ?    

Is this obejective behaviour correct ?

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Is this obejective behaviour correct ?

Hi,

Can you tell me if this obejective behaviour is correct

A student will be able to guess the meaning of the new word correctly ?

Thanks in advance

8 Jan 2011      

edrodmedina
United States

Helo. If you mean for the student to wildly guess and have a slim chance of getting it correct then yes. I would, if the student is using context clues and such to get at the meaning, use deduce or a similar word.

8 Jan 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

as far as i was taught, objective mst be written using verbs that if someone comes to see your class he/she must be able to see that objective was accomplished. for example if you write and objective like: the student will learn the numbers from 1-10,   if i go to your class  how would i know the student learned them,  is there a way that i can get to see that?  maybe this link can help u

ed told you about the verb deduce but that is not an action that you can observe,so read the links so you gt the idea of whatverbs you should use.

8 Jan 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Of course Lz is correct. This link provides a list of verbs and examples you can use. The keys are that the objectives be observable and measureable. http://www.naacls.org/docs/announcement/writing-objectives.pdf

9 Jan 2011