Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How do you read this date? 25th December 337?    

How do you read this date? 25th December 337?

Yolandaprieto
Spain

How do you read this date? 25th December 337?

I know I should know how to read all dates, but now I can �t remember how to read the year when it �s got only three numbers.
Thanks in advance
Yolanda

13 Jan 2011      

isa2
Austria

Hi

You say: the twenty fifth of December three hundred and thirty seven.
Best regards

13 Jan 2011     

piedadrosell
Spain

I agree with isa2

13 Jan 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

I take it that it �s three three seven AD (or CE), but what �s so special about this particular date, Yolanda?

13 Jan 2011     

Apodo
Australia

I would say: 

Three thirty-seven  [AD, CE or BC] - this is my choice- it �s the shortest.

or Three hundred and thirty-seven.

13 Jan 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

�three three seven � or �three thirty-seven � BC,BCE,AD,CE LOL  might be short but IMHO it isn �t very clear. Most people do expect a 4 digit year so in order to avoid people thinking they must have missed something, I would go with Isa2 and say �three hundred (and) thirty-seven. � just for emphasis.

Almaz: It probably has something to do with the first Christmas since it was around that time Christianity was declared the official religion of the Roman empire... Historians shoot me, that �s what I remember from different tours and explanations... and that would make it 337 AD then I suppose Smile

14 Jan 2011     

douglas
United States

I �m with Apodo on this one

14 Jan 2011