Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > who reports and why?    

who reports and why?

Sexybomber
United States

who reports and why?

in fact there must be some considerations. i have the property left not right. we always say property right: today is it is property left

15 Jan 2011      

Mar0919
Mexico

Dear Colleague, This is just my opinion, no offense intended. First, have in mind, that we are all human, we all make mistakes. Sometimes, ws are reported by mistake. If you ask nicely, in an educated way, you will get a response and given a reason why it was reported, or the moderators will have a second look, maybe it �s Ok, and they will put your ws back. I think there is no need to use inappropriate words. Firstly, let �s show our education. We �re "teachers"... we have to be a model for our ss, good or bad we are a model. If you are not a teacher, and you are a student, just as well, as a student, you have to learn that if we want respect, we have to respect.

Just my opinion. Hope you have a great day...

Mar

15 Jan 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Your wss were reported because (according to the reporter) the pictures are taken from The New Oxford Picture Dictionary page 17 and 28.

15 Jan 2011     

mary-butterfly
Brazil

I AGREE WITH MAR yesterday my worksheet was reported because I took wrong pictures from the internet.I did all my worksheet again ! 

15 Jan 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Mary-butterfly !Thumbs Up   All this copyright business is so important, it must be treated with responsibility... we all learn from mistakes, so hey! don �t take it so personal, just correct what �s not right, and go on!

15 Jan 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Mary-butterfly,
you shouldn �t complain about the moderator �s work. It is not our fault you broke the rules. We only do our job trying to keep the site clean and going. Your wss were removed because they were watermarked pictures so it �s only right someone reported them and they were removed.

I am really disappointed when I see members who broke the rules complaining. And all you had to do was to read the rules properly. Unhappy

15 Jan 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

I didn �t think Mary-butterfly was complaining?!?! She just expressed that her work was also reported, and she just corrected it... did I misinterpret? Confused

15 Jan 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

@Sexybomber - intriguing name. I ask since it might be a mishearing of, say, �sex-bomb �. Which, of course, ties in with your obvious mishearing of the expletive-phrase in your last sentence. This is one of the reasons I �m always a bit chary of teaching what Mark Twain euphemistically called �cuss-words � to smart-a**e students who one day may become teachers themselves. Even the smallest mistake - like yours - can magnify the embarrassment factor in the wrong context - like here, for example. 

As I �ve said here before, swearing is an art form in itself and should be treated with some respect. If you do nothing else today, at least try to google your last phrase and see what sort of hits you get. Hell, you might even find what you actually wanted to say!

EDIT: nice one, �bomber; you�ve completely changed your original post, so almost everything that came after makes no sense whatsoever. You are a piece of work, aren�t you?

15 Jan 2011     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

Mary-butterfly  has the right attitude. She realized her mistake and took the steps to correct them.

15 Jan 2011     

mary-butterfly
Brazil

THANKS Clap MARS

I am not complaining! Idid my exercises again and I only asked helpd to recognize the problem!

15 Jan 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

Sexybomber, you have NO RIGHT WHATSOVER to redistribute the picture. Paying for the book does not mean the content becomes your intellectual property. That would be like buying a Mercedes and selling the content of the handbook as yours or the design of the car as yours. You did not think of the content or design, hence you do no own it, you only have permission to use it.

15 Jan 2011     

1    2    Next >