Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > movie about immigration "changing lives"    

movie about immigration "changing lives"

ELOJOLIE274
France

movie about immigration "changing lives"

hello,
I need your help... again...
but since you �re all clever, brilliant teachers i �m sure you �ll be able to help me ;)

I �m going to talk about "immigration" with my pupils (intermediate - 15-16 years old), the final task being to write 3 entries in a diary: 1) your life before you immigrated (past) 2) your life while you are travelling (present) 3) 6 months after you arrived in your new country, how did everything turn out? (present perfect)

and I would like to find film extracts (one film or 3 different films) to present those 3 parts to my students
for example: Titanic would be fine to make my pupils talk about part 2 (your life while you are travelling) but not so much to make my students write entries 1 and 3...

see what I mean?

so could you help me please???

Thank you so much!!!

Elodie

17 Jan 2011      

anitarobi
Croatia

How about Far and Away with Kidman and Cruise? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104231/

17 Jan 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Elodie

These look like interesting movies for your purpose:

Cheers

Jayho

17 Jan 2011     

Paola_
Argentina

What about " My Greek Wedding"?

18 Jan 2011     

viccxx
Greece

I dont really think "my Greek Wedding" is very appropriate as it is too funny for this subject...There is a great film about Greek immingration to the US called "Brides". it is a really sad story, about women who were in a way sold as brides to men who had already immigrated to America. Give me a PM if you cant find it..

18 Jan 2011     

ELOJOLIE274
France

thank you very much!!!

18 Jan 2011