Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > It´s Christmas Time    

It´s Christmas Time

S�lvia73
Portugal

It´s Christmas Time

Good night to you all. It�s late here in Portugal (2am) and I�m still awake preparing some tests. I�ve finished now but I never go to bed without coming in here (although I don�t post much...). However, today I couldn�t help myself. We are all teachers, educators, people who have in their hands the future: tomorrow�s youth. We should help them grow, not only intellectually, but also as citizens, as people... good people. I believe in values, although they are being lost, so we should be the first ones promoting them.

I think this site is wonderful, because here we have the opportunity not only to share our work (by uploading it), but also our ideas, doubts, feelings...that�s what this forum should be for, I think. Of course it�s just an opinion, but I would like to ask you not to ruin something that�s so useful and warm, turning it into a battlefield. If you have something less nice to say to someone, maybe you should use the private messages. And don�t forget we have Victor to rule here!

Remember: we�re teachers. And also remember that it�s Christmas Time, which means Peace, Friendship, Love and Forgiveness. Let�s start with ourselves.

9 Dec 2008      

GIOVANNI
Canada

I am glad you pointed that out  Sylvia.  I feel the same way.

It�s 9:15 P.M. in Canada.  Today,  I didn�t work because it is election day in Quebec.  Since this morning I have mostly seen unpleasant comments from one member to another.  Let�s put a stop to this.  It�s very unpleasant.  Why can�t there be a monitoring system to prevent downloads that are not allowed on the site.  At one time, I thought I had read a post that some members might be nominated to help Victor out.  If the worksheet that is uploaded is not within the norms,  just make sure the points are not given.  I am sure this would stop the uploading of unwanted material.  I thought this is what we had on the site.  Once again, please put a stop to what has been happening and  put this wonderful site to what it is meant to be.  Good night everyone.  Pleasant dreams.  PEACE AND JOY TO EVERYONE.

9 Dec 2008     

S�lvia73
Portugal

Dear Silke,

When I referred to the use of private messages, I wasn�t thinking about stolen worksheets. I was talking about something else, such as critics and comments which aren�t very nice. People get involved in arguments here, in the Forum, which I think could be avoided. And sometimes it�s not what you say, but how you say it...

In what stolen worksheets are concerned, at the end of each worksheet there�s a place to click in order to warn that the worksheet was stolen... why not use it? Or send a private message to Victor to warn him straight away! I know he must be very busy, and he�s doing a fantastic work, but he�s the one who we must talk to when we see stolen work, don�t you think?

Best Regards

9 Dec 2008