Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with translation please! (Spanish to English) - we ´ll take it from there    

Help with translation please! (Spanish to English) - we ´ll take it from there

colibrita
United Kingdom

Help with translation please! (Spanish to English) - we ´ll take it from there

Hi Everyone

Can a Spanish speaker help me with this?  How do you say "and we ´ll take it from there" as in, "if you ´re interested, fill in the form, and we ´ll take it from there"

Just a by the by.... wouldn ´t it be an interesting idea to have buddy translation groups on here. For example English/Spanish  or English/German or whatever. Then people like me wouldn ´t need to use up valuable space on the forum board, asking for help with non ESL questions.  Or what about at least an OT (off topic) forum?

Colibrita

21 Jan 2011      

4979792@speedy1m
Argentina

Hi, the Spanish translation is: Si estás interesado completa el formulario, y nosotros tendremos tu información de allí.

21 Jan 2011     

Zora
Canada

Rellene el formulario y le mantendremos informado... OR more informal, "y veremos lo que pasa."

21 Jan 2011     

Ide_Bere
Mexico

Hi

"Si usted está interesado complete el formulario y nosotros le llamaremos"

I hope this helps!

Bere

21 Jan 2011     

pfreites
Argentina

Hi, you should pay attention to what the "it" makes reference to; so, you may say:

Si usted está interesado, complete el formulario y nosotros "lo" sacaremos de allí. ("it" may be a phone number, an e mail address, a zip code, an address, etc).

Si usted está interesado, complete el formulario y nosotros obtendremos la información de allí.

I hope this helps you.

21 Jan 2011     

miss_marina...
Chile

Well, according to the context I think ´ll take it from there" in spanish would be like: nosotros nos haremos cargo". As Ide_Bere said "we will call you" "leave the rest to us". It conveys that everything you could do it ´s already done, so you have to wait for them to do something about it.

I hope this helps,
Regards

21 Jan 2011     

Zora
Canada

Actually, "We will take it from there..." - basically means "we will see what happens". It´s often a nice way to say, "we are not hiring YET, but we might be interested if you are good enough..."

21 Jan 2011     

yanogator
United States

I disagree with you, Linda (Zora). I see "we ´ll take it from there" as miss marina did, meaning that you have done your part, so now we are responsible for continuing it. This is what Bere said, too, but I think "nosotros le llamaremos" (if I ´m correct in thinking that it means "we will call you") is too specific.

That ´s how I see it, anyway,
Bruce

21 Jan 2011     

colibrita
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone!  Linda and Bruce, you ´re both right. It can be used as a way of saying you ´ll take over from that point, but it ´s also used to be a little vague, and not commit yourself.

Hugs

22 Jan 2011